+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decisions

Decisions

If it came down to it, one pick left at your disposal to create a solid secondary....... the players left on the board are::

Corey Webster........Kenny Phillips........Antrel Rolle........Terrell Thomas (2010)........Prince

who would you choose?

(You currently have Byrd & Chancellor at Safety, Routt & Finnegan at CB)

Discuss.....
    ***Note:: Current players style should play a role on who you select***

Re: Decisions

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]If it came down to it, one pick left at your disposal to create a solid secondary....... the players left on the board are::

Corey Webster........Kenny Phillips........Antrel Rolle........Terrell Thomas (2010)........Prince

who would you choose?

(You currently have Byrd & Chancellor at Safety, Routt & Finnegan at CB)

Discuss.....
    ***Note:: Current players style should play a role on who you select***[/quote]I will go with T2
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The 2010 VERISON lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]The 2010 VERISON lol[/quote]
    The 2010 version that ranked in the bottom 20 in almost every metric?

I'll take Webster.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="miked1958"]The 2010 VERISON lol[/quote]

I'll take Webster.
    [/quote]He had a Probowl yr that season

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Well should of

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="miked1958"]The 2010 VERISON lol[/quote]

I'll take Webster.
    [/quote]He had a Probowl yr that season[/quote]
    No, he did not have a Pro Bowl caliber year in 2010.

He gave up the most and second most yards and TDs in the NFL (can't remember which he led and which he was second in, though). He was the second most targeted CB in the NFL (~130) and gave up a ton of receptions (~80). In fact, he gave up more receptions than Webster even was targeted. Sure, he had a ton of tackles, but that tends to happen when you give up so many completions. Yes, he led the team in interceptions, but again, considering how often he was targeted 5 isn't that many.

[quote user="Drez"]No, he did not have a Pro Bowl caliber year in 2010.

He gave up the most and second most yards and TDs in the NFL (can't remember which he led and which he was second in, though). He was the second most targeted CB in the NFL (~130) and gave up a ton of receptions (~80). In fact, he gave up more receptions than Webster even was targeted. Sure, he had a ton of tackles, but that tends to happen when you give up so many completions. Yes, he led the team in interceptions, but again, considering how often he was targeted 5 isn't that many.
    [/quote]

Anyone lined up across from a REALLY GOOD DB will get tested consistently... ask Cromartie or the guys that played with Deion how it felt to be targeted week after week. T2 led the team in INT's in 2010 i believe and was expected to have a ProBowl season in 2011 after his performance in 2010.

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"][quote user="Drez"]No, he did not have a Pro Bowl caliber year in 2010.

[/quote]

Anyone lined up across from a REALLY GOOD DB will get tested consistently... ask Cromartie or the guys that played with Deion how it felt to be targeted week after week. T2 led the team in INT's in 2010 i believe and was expected to have a ProBowl season in 2011 after his performance in 2010.[/quote]
    I know that being lined up opposite Webster has a lot to do with the number of targets that TT had. However, he still gave up a ton of receptions, and ~61% completion rate.

As I said above, yes he led the team in ints, with 5. But, he did it on 130 targets. That's only 1 pick every 26 targets. That really isn't anything to write home about.

All I'm saying is that TT did not have a Pro Bowl caliber year in 2010 and that given the choice between TT and Webster, it's Webster every day and twice on Sundays.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="FroZeNx31x"][quote user="Drez"]No, he did not have a Pro Bowl caliber year in 2010.

He gave up the most and second most yards and TDs in the NFL (can't remember which he led and which he was second in, though). He was the second most targeted CB in the NFL (~130) and gave up a ton of receptions (~80). In fact, he gave up more receptions than Webster even was targeted. Sure, he had a ton of tackles, but that tends to4v happen when you give up so many completions. Yes, he led the team in interceptions, but again, considering how often he was targeted 5 isn't that many.
    [/quote]

Anyone lined up across from a REALLY GOOD DB will get tested consistently... ask Cromartie or the guys that played with Deion how it felt to be targeted week after week. T2 led the team in INT's in 2010 i believe and was expected to have a ProBowl season in 2011 after his performance in 2010.[/quote]
    I know that being lined up opposite Webster has a lot to do with the number of targets that TT had. However, he still gave up a ton of receptions, and ~61% completion rate.

As I said above, yes he led the team in ints, with 5. But, he did it on 130 targets. That's only 1 pick every 26 targets. That really isn't anything to write home about.

All I'm saying is that TT did not have a Pro Bowl caliber year in 2010 and that given the choice between TT and Webster, it's Webster every day and twice on Sundays.
    [/quote]

Gotta agree but people overlook how young tt was in 2010...tt didnt get a chance to be an understudy, he didnt need to. Its important to keep that in mind. Tt was a second yr pro i believe in 2010 and his game was much farther along than websters when he was at that stage.
    tt osnt better than webster, but imho, he has a ceiling that could lead to him being a better player than him.

Going back to the op...seeing as u have a nice mix of veterans, id choose prince. He has the highest upside of any of those dbs imho...im expecting big things from him. Had last yr not been so crazy with the cba id expect prince to establish his authority but we may have to hold off on that for one more season although i do expect him to be a solid contributor.

Im expecting a top 5-10 secondary unit next season...cant wait to see rolle ballhawk more and phillips to diversify his game...webby will be webby, and i believe tt will take grants role day 1 with coe, tryon, 'spoon, bing, etc to have a nice stable of the prototypical nickel corner...ppl confuse grants role as the nickelback when that wasnt the case, we had 3safeties and 3dbs onfield often...tt will prob be the nickelback out of the 2 safety formations