+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

Excerpt: "2t. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York
    Giants: Week 13 at Green
    Bay
    (+11.6)

JPP proved plenty capable of making the big plays, but if he had a criticism,
    it was that he didnít take over as many games as his talent (and the hype) would
    suggest. That wasnít the case against Green Bay where Pierre-Paul was too much
    for Marshall Newhouse, picking up a sack, three hits, and five pressures against
    the Packersí left tackle. Pierre-Paul was also responsible for two batted passes
    and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: 2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

Bay
    (+11.6)

it was that he didnít take over as many games as his talent (and the hype) would
    for Marshall Newhouse, picking up a sack, three hits, and five pressures against
    the Packersí left tackle. Pierre-Paul was also responsible for two batted passes
    and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game." Read more...[/quote]

I'm surprised they didn't choose the cowboy game where he blocked the FG... he was like a one man show that game.

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

Bay
    (+11.6)

and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game." Read more...[/quote]

I'm surprised they didn't choose the cowboy game where he blocked the FG... he was like a one man show that game.
    [/quote]

This guy hasn't hit his stride yet. It will be harder to pick put single games I hope.
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

# 80

I hope we draft/sign/trade for a really good really young DE within the next 1-2 seasons so we can have another top tier end to line up across from JPP, since Tuck's getting older, and Osi is likely gone soon. I LOVE having a sick D-Line.

All-Pro

[quote user="NYFan221"]I hope we draft/sign/trade for a really good really young DE within the next 1-2 seasons so we can have another top tier end to line up across from JPP, since Tuck's getting older, and Osi is likely gone soon. I LOVE having a sick D-Line.
    [/quote]

If we dont, we wont be winning the SB anytime soon. Kinda like the 90s when all of a sudden we lost our LBs and switched to the 4-3. It took a long time to adapt and figure out how to play that style.

Veteran

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES:* 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

Excerpt:* "2t. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York
    Bay
    *(+11.6)

and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game."* Read more...[/quote]

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

No Cowboys game? He was an absolute monster in that game

Veteran

[quote user="Neverend"]No Cowboys game? He was an absolute monster in that game[/quote]

I thought so too. Apparently his pass rush was not consistent:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...wboys-week-14/

Veteran

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES:* 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

Excerpt:* "2t. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York
    Bay
    *(+11.6)

and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game."* Read more...[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly... Just goes to show the websites formulas (and the hype) aren't accurate as they suggest

[quote user="Neverend"]No Cowboys game? He was an absolute monster in that game[/quote]

Apparently they were not paying attention to that being a must win game and JPP carrying the team on his shoulders. If the guy could've ran a kick off back or thrown a ball and caught it himself, he would have that game. That is the game that defined JPP in the NFL and showed his motor. He was everywhere.

Hell, I'm surprised he wasn't reffing, coaching and calling the game from the box.