+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Corey Webster - 1st and 2nd Season

Webster's first two seasons were like something out of a Hollywood movie. A highly touted college prospect that gets drafted in the 2nd round to a team looking to change their image in the secondary. He gets the nod as a starter and shows flashes of the potential he showcased in college. Then, out of nowhere he hits the biggest wall possible. He goes from being a starter to limited action, to not even dressing for a 3 or 4 game period. What happens next are what dreams are made of.... Webster regains his starting role towards the end of the year and shuts down every opposing WR leading a dominating defense all the way to a Superbowl victory.

This is why Corey Webster will always be my favorite Giant. He set the example for everyone on the team that says, "Even When Your Losing You Never Really Loss". Now he's regarded, in circles that actually know football, as one of the best DB's in the NFL.

Re: Corey Webster - 1st and 2nd Season

Great post brother [B]

See the sig.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

This is also why posters need to not get so down on players after their rookie seasons. It takes time for players to adjust, some longer than others, and people just seem to have no patience. I still remember people talking about releasing Mario Manningham after his rookie season....

Bench Player

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]Webster's first two seasons where like something out of a Hollywood movie. A highly touted college prospect that gets drafted in the 2nd round to a team looking to change their image in the secondary. He gets the nod as a starter and shows flashes of the potential he showcased in college. Then, out of nowhere he hits the biggest wall possible. He goes from being a starter to limited action, to not even dressing for a 3 or 4 game period. What happens next are what dreams are made of.... Webster regains his starting role towards the end of the year and shuts down every opposing WR leading a dominating defense all the way to a Superbowl victory.

This is why Corey Webster will always be my favorite Giant. He set the example for everyone on the team that says, "Even When Your Losing You Never Really Loss". Now he's regarded, in circles that actually know football, as one of the best DB's in the NFL.

#23[/quote]

BRAVO

It's a shame C-Web never has been to the Pro-bowl. The guy will probably retire as a great corner back that no one heard of.

Veteran

Good post.

Webster has been a constant for our defense for years now. He's a true Giant. He doesn't make negative headlines in the media, he quietly gets the job done every year.

Regarding the lack of patience from the fan base for rookies, I think that's a problem you inherit from being a championship team. When you're at the top of the world the fans overreact to losses and quickly start assuming the sky is falling. They want changes fast - so they are quick to label players as busts or ask for Coughlin or Eli's head after a bad game.

As of right now i don't see Webster being voted into the Pro Bowl by the fans. He's not flashy enough for the public, that doesn't matter though we love him here in NY.

[quote user="TheBookOfEli"]It's a shame C-Web never has been to the Pro-bowl. The guy will probably retire as a great corner back that no one heard of.[/quote]
    I couldn't agree more, one of the most underrated CB's, if not, the Most underrated CB in the game

07 Post season he was a SHUT DOWN CB....he was playing on Revis' level during that SB run

Yeah, that was weird.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="TheBookOfEli"]It's a shame C-Web never has been to the Pro-bowl. The guy will probably retire as a great corner back that no one heard of.[/quote]
    I couldn't agree more, one of the most underrated CB's, if not, the Most underrated CB in the game

07 Post season he was a SHUT DOWN CB....he was playing on Revis' level during that SB run
    [/quote]

A 2 time (or more) superbowl champion corner, that Giants fans will remember for a long time.

This guy has earned his spot in my memory, and earned the respect of the majority of the Giants fan base.

He doesn't need to have made the pro bowl to have had a wondrous career that he can be proud of.