+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Osi, Have Apologized To Sarah Spain ?

Or is this " Political Correctness " on Steroids ?

Re: Should Osi, Have Apologized To Sarah Spain ?

Why should he have?
    She's ridiculous.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Evidently he felt he should, what else matters?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Evidently he felt he should, what else matters?
    [/quote]

Because by doing so, He turned a nobody into a somrbody. By caving in with a " Mea Culpa " to the internet world, was even worse.

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]Evidently he felt he should, what else matters?
    [/quote]

Because by doing so, He turned a nobody into a somrbody. By caving in with a " Mea Culpa " to the internet world, was even worse.[/quote]

In the 48 hour life cycle that news has become, this will be forgotten pretty quickly.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: Should I, Have Apologized To Sarah Spain ?

[quote user="Roanoke Fan"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="Roanoke Fan"]Evidently he felt he should, what else matters?
    [/quote]

Because by doing so, He turned a nobody into a somebody. By caving in with a " Mea Culpa " to the internet world, was even worse.[/quote]

In the 48 hour life cycle that news has become, this will be forgotten pretty quickly.
    [/quote]

So so true. Today's Front Page news, is tomorrows bird cage liner.

He didn't apologize to Spain, he apologized to all women everywhere.

And no, it's not political correctness on steroids. Language, and the concepts language represent, define reality on a very basic and subconscious level. As such, to consistently equate being female with being less than or lacking in some manner, in essense defines women as being less than and lacking in some manner.

We, as human beings, should be striving to better ourselves, to become more aware of these things. This isn't to say that there isn't room for jocular humor or anything like that, but there is a time and place for that; one where the audience knows what is being said is purely jest.

Now, with that being said, I'm as guilty as anyone of doing the same thing as Osi. I am, however, aware that I am not living up to a standard of behavior that I should and should strive to.

Dan Graziano, the NFCE Blogger at ESPN, wrote a very well written and thoughtful response that sums up where I stand on the issue perfectly. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...gizes-to-women

Veteran

He has to because his actions/comments reach a much larger audience than us common folks. It wasn't as bad as Roddy White's tweets about homosexuals though.

Honestly in my opinion it is over sensitive political correctness run a mock. But at 1:06 AM I'm not willing to get into it to much now.

Moments like this just reminds me that a guy like Don Rickles could never exist today had he not come from the time before all this political correctness bs started. People have got to stop taking things so damn seriously all the time.

osi saying what he said to mccoy warmed my heart because it made me think that all my passion and what i feel every sunday ( and offseason( aka 24/7)) isnt just some "sport" that im way to into. its what i thrive for, any women who took to much into the comment (tweet) osi wrote can honestly kick rocks ..