+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

LT is NOT selling his Superbowl ring online

From Jay Glazer: "Lawrence Taylor just reached out to me through a mutual friend re the auction of his SB ring. Taylor had ZERO clue this was happening! Years ago he gave his rings to his son TJ, who apparently put it up"

Re: LT is NOT selling his Superbowl ring online

[quote user="TuckYou"]

From Jay Glazer: "Lawrence Taylor just reached out to me through a mutual friend re the auction of his SB ring. Taylor had ZERO clue this was happening! Years ago he gave his rings to his son TJ, who apparently put it up"

[/quote]

Crying shame.

And why would you give your Superbowl ring to your son (before you died)?!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

LAWRENCE TAYLOR REPORTEDLY UNAWARE SUPER BOWL RING WAS BEING AUCTIONED, GIANTS GREAT AND NFL HALL OF FAMER SAYS HE GAVE RING TO HIS SON

"Lawrence Taylor has
    no problem with his Super Bowl XXV ring being auctioned off to the highest
    bidder. But it wasn't his idea to do it.

The Giants legend and Hall of Fame linebacker was reportedly unaware that the
    championship ring was being sold by SCP Auctions because he had long ago given
    it to his son, T.J., according to Fox Sports. Taylor's long-time agent contacted
    the apparently surprised former Giants linebacker, the report said, and he
    indicated T.J.'s decision to sell the ring was "fine".

"Lawrence was in fact unaware of it," Taylor's agent, Mark Lepselter, said in
    the statement to Fox. "But said he gave it to T.J. and it's his right to do what
    he wants with it. He's fine with whatever T.J. decided."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

That's a pretty scumbag thing to do. If my dad was a football legend and gave me his superbowl ring, putting them up for auction would be the last thing I would do with them.

[quote user="VelocityVirus"]That's a pretty scumbag thing to do. If my dad was a football legend and gave me his superbowl ring, putting them up for auction would be the last thing I would do with them.
    [/quote]

Money talks!
    ALL IN!

That sucks that his son is putting it up for sale. Lets hope he doesn't auction off the SB 21 ring as well.

SB rings sound like something you pass down through the family, but then again, if his son is having legitimate financial issues then taking care of your family is more important than the rings themselves. I have no idea what TJ's life is like, but i'm just saying that there are more important things than the rings.

Sad that LT doesn't know what TJ is up to. Doesn't sound like a close relationship.

[quote user="C1010"]That sucks that his son is putting it up for sale. Lets hope he doesn't auction off the SB 21 ring as well.
    [/quote]Imagine a eagle's player or owner buys it. That would be messed up.

Osi Umenyiora ?@OsiUmenyiora Attn:All L.T, NYG, NFL FANS! If i get 1million followers, i will buy L.T's ring back and give it to him. The 1,000,000th will give it to him

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

Crying shame.

And why would you give your Superbowl ring to your son (before you died)?!
    [/quote]

Safest way to avoid selling them in a cocaine induced frenzy is to just give them away.