+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

I know the knee jerk reaction will be to replace the speed edge rusher in Osi. However, as JPP continues to improve, I think there will be no need on the right side. I think I'd rather sacrifice a little explosion for some strength and length as the LE to back up Tuck. Not too fond of Gholston as of now, but I'll keep an eye on him. Also, hoping to see if Michael Buchanon can gain some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    Margus Hunt is the guy for me. He reminds me a lot of Jared Allen. He's also versatile enough to play DE and DT. Kid is a force.
    Hunt is my 2nd guy.. A sleeper i like is Craig Roh of Michigan(just as a mid rd guy i like).. Rohs got some Jake Bequette formerly of Arkansas and now of the Patriots in him..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hunt is my 2nd guy.. A sleeper i like is Craig Roh of Michigan(just as a mid rd guy i like).. Rohs got some Jake Bequette formerly of Arkansas and now of the Patriots in him..
    Everyone loves Hunt and while his Pittsburgh game/measurements are impressive some of his tape is very mediocre

Dion Jordan will jump up boards. Has outstanding length and athletic ability. At times lines up as a Boundary corner in zone coverage. Needs to add weight and how could u not love a guy that almost got killed by a Vacuum cleaner. I like VT DE James Gayle alot 2.He has great burst , can bend the corner and has plenty of pass rush moves

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Dion Jordan will jump up boards. Has outstanding length and athletic ability. At times lines up as a Boundary corner in zone coverage. Needs to add weight and how could u not love a guy that almost got killed by a Vacuum cleaner. I like VT DE James Gayle alot 2.He has great burst , can bend the corner and has plenty of pass rush moves
    I coulden't agree more Redeye.. Another guy i like as more of a 3rd-5th rd type DE is Cameron Meredith DE Nebraska.. Dude is ultra active and has the strength to hold up against the run despite not huge size as well as speed to rush the passer.. Hes definetly someone to keep a eye on..

This looks like a deep pool of pass rushers. Who knows maybe Tracy or Ojomo ends up being really good and we dont need 1. i know right now this team needs a complete overhaul on the Oline. I think they need at least 3 spots upgraded. I would even say all 5 if Snee doesnt bounce back

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Assuming he comes out, Bjoern Werner.

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.
    still very early, but I am liking my call thus far.

He led NCAA with 5 coming into today despite only having played 3 quarters of football. He already has 2 more today in the 1st half.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    still very early, but I am liking my call thus far.

He led NCAA with 5 coming into today despite only having played 3 quarters of football. He already has 2 more today in the 1st half.
    Definetly, Werner is looking beastly! I would have to say hes the best of the bunch that i've seen so far.. The texas boys look really good as well.. I was off on Margus Hunt and Criag Roh so far.. Neither is very impressive this yr, at least to this point.. I don't really think about the LSU boys or Jarvis Jones, becasue chances are were not getting one of em.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Definetly, Werner is looking beastly! I would have to say hes the best of the bunch that i've seen so far.. The texas boys look really good as well.. I was off on Margus Hunt and Criag Roh so far.. Neither is very impressive this yr, at least to this point.. I don't really think about the LSU boys or Jarvis Jones, becasue chances are were not getting one of em.
    We need another pure pass rusher.Jarvis Jones would be sick but thats not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We need another pure pass rusher.Jarvis Jones would be sick but thats not happening
    Ya, theres no sense of even thinking about the LSU boys or J.Jones.. All though, if one is to drop to say the teens, then maybe we could pull a Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and trade up and give up a ton to secure either Montgomery or Jarvis Jones.. Extremely doubtful though.. I'd be totally fine trading up for a Jackson Jeffcoat though.. U want to know whos a freaking beast and i also would not mind trading up alittle to get? Eric Reid! To me, hes the Mark Barron of this yrs S class.. If were to lose KP, i'd have no issue trading up for a guy like Reid...

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...

+ Reply to Thread