+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, theres no sense of even thinking about the LSU boys or J.Jones.. All though, if one is to drop to say the teens, then maybe we could pull a Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and trade up and give up a ton to secure either Montgomery or Jarvis Jones.. Extremely doubtful though.. I'd be totally fine trading up for a Jackson Jeffcoat though.. U want to know whos a freaking beast and i also would not mind trading up alittle to get? Eric Reid! To me, hes the Mark Barron of this yrs S class.. If were to lose KP, i'd have no issue trading up for a guy like Reid...

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...
    sPEAKING OF mONTGOMERY DID THIS BUT DIDnt UPLOAD IT YET TO THE PAGE

Ya, theres no sense of even thinking about the LSU boys or J.Jones.. All though, if one is to drop to say the teens, then maybe we could pull a Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and trade up and give up a ton to secure either Montgomery or Jarvis Jones.. Extremely doubtful though.. I'd be totally fine trading up for a Jackson Jeffcoat though.. U want to know whos a freaking beast and i also would not mind trading up alittle to get? Eric Reid! To me, hes the Mark Barron of this yrs S class.. If were to lose KP, i'd have no issue trading up for a guy like Reid...

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...
    I havent liked what ive seen from Reid this year. I havent put a video up yet but he has not played well. Against North Texas he blew coverage twice that cost LSU both the TD's. Hasnt been the difference maker he was last year. Although I have to say only 2 guys have looked good to me so far for LSU ,LB Kevin Minter and Sam Montgomery. Sam really only played well against Auburn but looked like the best player on the field. Mingo hasnt recorded a sack yet but he has been disruptive. I wonder if these guys are just sleep walking so far. Maybe the close call against Auburn will wake them up
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Reid's a hell of a tackler, but imo I don't think he brings enough to the table coverage wise to warrant a first round pick much less trade up to get him...Also imo the safety position itself doesn't even really warrant a 1st round pick unless they're names are Polamalu and Reed and none of these guys are at that level.

For my money I'll take FSU's Lamarcus Joyner in the 3-4 round range (drops due to his lack of size). He's a much more dynamic player imo as he has the skills to drop in to the nickel and play man 2 man on a WR....Also he play's bigger then his listed 5'8" 195 due in part to very long arms, pound for pound strength and high level acceleration.

But if you were dead set on picking a safety ealry I'd wait till the 2nd round for for guys like Vaccaro, McDonald and Rambo as I don't think there's to great a gap between them and Reid....But once again my guy's Joyner in the 3-4 range

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I havent liked what ive seen from Reid this year. I havent put a video up yet but he has not played well. Against North Texas he blew coverage twice that cost LSU both the TD's. Hasnt been the difference maker he was last year. Although I have to say only 2 guys have looked good to me so far for LSU ,LB Kevin Minter and Sam Montgomery. Sam really only played well against Auburn but looked like the best player on the field. Mingo hasnt recorded a sack yet but he has been disruptive. I wonder if these guys are just sleep walking so far. Maybe the close call against Auburn will wake them up
    Maybe ur right about Reid, but i believe u to be wrong about Montgomery looking like best player on the field in LSU/AUB game.. Unless u mean for LSU only? Because Corey Lemonier was by far the best player on the field in that game..

Maybe ur right about Reid, but i believe u to be wrong about Montgomery looking like best player on the field in LSU/AUB game.. Unless u mean for LSU only? Because Corey Lemonier was by far the best player on the field in that game..
    I meant for LSU, yes. It seems like the winner of Alabama and LSU will be in the National Title game and then Oregon, FSU, WV id say in that order have the best opportunity if they win out. FSU's schedule to me is a joke. I really dont think they should play for a championship even if they go undefeated. Clemson is the best team they will play. Dont get me wrong CLemsons good but they arent a Top 10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Reid's a hell of a tackler, but imo I don't think he brings enough to the table coverage wise to warrant a first round pick much less trade up to get him...Also imo the safety position itself doesn't even really warrant a 1st round pick unless they're names are Polamalu and Reed and none of these guys are at that level.

For my money I'll take FSU's Lamarcus Joyner in the 3-4 round range (drops due to his lack of size). He's a much more dynamic player imo as he has the skills to drop in to the nickel and play man 2 man on a WR....Also he play's bigger then his listed 5'8" 195 due in part to very long arms, pound for pound strength and high level acceleration.

But if you were dead set on picking a safety ealry I'd wait till the 2nd round for for guys like Vaccaro, McDonald and Rambo as I don't think there's to great a gap between them and Reid....But once again my guy's Joyner in the 3-4 range
    U like Joyner 2. I really wonder what NFL Scouts will think of him.He has huge value on special teams as a return man and gunner so I know he will get drafted before the 5th round. I wonder if they will view him as a starter. He is such a good player the only thing holding him back is that he is under 5'8". He is always lurking around on every play. U see my vid of him vs Notre Dame.Going to make another 2 just not enough plays yet to do it. How great was Nigel Bradham in this game

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-28-2012 at 07:38 AM.

U like Joyner 2. I really wonder what NFL Scouts will think of him.He has huge value on special teams as a return man and gunner so I know he will get drafted before the 5th round. I wonder if they will view him as a starter. He is such a good player the only thing holding him back is that he is under 5'8". He is always lurking around on every play. U see my vid of him vs Notre Dame.Going to make another 2 just not enough plays yet to do it. How great was Nigel Bradham in this game

Obviously his height will be his major draw back, but he makes up for it with physicallity, aggressiveness and instincts for the game and I'll take a guy with those intangibles any day over a guy who may be 2-3 inches taller. There have been 5'8 safety's before in B. Sanders, Jim leonhard ect so i see no reason why Joyner can't be the next undersized safety to have some success.

I meant for LSU, yes. It seems like the winner of Alabama and LSU will be in the National Title game and then Oregon, FSU, WV id say in that order have the best opportunity if they win out. FSU's schedule to me is a joke. I really dont think they should play for a championship even if they go undefeated. Clemson is the best team they will play. Dont get me wrong CLemsons good but they arent a Top 10 team.
    I honestly see LSU slipping up at some point.. There defense was really good, but there offense is bad.. I can see a defense scoring or getting in scoring positon from turnovers and LSU losing a close one or 2.. I was so unimpressed with LSU last week against AUBURN, its not even funny.. I think LSU is gonna have to watch out against MISS St and BAMA, as well as possibly A&M... I think they lose 2of those 3... Shoot, South Carolina could easily score on defense a couple times aginst LSU...

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post

i think u guys are under estimating Reid alitte.. Sure, he brings the thump on tackles and i've seen him force fumbles on Special teams and from the S spot, but hes also made some tremendsous plays against the pass as well.. I believe it was Reid who made that huge PICK against future NFL TE Michael Williams in the first bama/lsu contest last yr, wrestling it away from the monster sized TE... Also, i've seen him really anticipate on another pick cutting across the field and picking the pass and then running all in one motion, showing great awarness and instincts.. I think hes a complete S and easily a 1st rd talent.. Albeit, i love Kenny Vaccaro as well, but i also think Vaccaro is a 1st rd talent.. Shoot, i think Baccari Rambo is close to a 1st rd talent, that is gonna somehow go in the 3rd rd range, which is utterly insane! I tell ya what, whoever gets Rambo that late, straight up got the steal of the draft.. Every time i watched GA last yr, he was making plays.. But that is to take nothing away from Reid, because i think there are about 4-5safteys that are 1st rd talents this yr, regardless of where people have them projected to go... I woulden't be surprised if 5safteys went in the first rd and a half...

I honestly see LSU slipping up at some point.. There defense was really good, but there offense is bad.. I can see a defense scoring or getting in scoring positon from turnovers and LSU losing a close one or 2.. I was so unimpressed with LSU last week against AUBURN, its not even funny.. I think LSU is gonna have to watch out against MISS St and BAMA, as well as possibly A&M... I think they lose 2of those 3... Shoot, South Carolina could easily score on defense a couple times aginst LSU...
    haha.. Lsu struggles with Towson hours after this post.. Thats exactly why i don't care for this team and i think they'll slip up.. I think the 2best teams are Alabama and Oregon.. That is what i think our NC game will be.. LSU str

+ Reply to Thread