+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Guys like Earl Thomas, who is awesome by the way, i didn't care like most, becuase it wasen't obnoxius.. I mean, he weighed over 200lbs and he stood 5ft 10in.. I have no problem with that at all at S or CB, especially when ur a playmaker, and that is ur fortay.. Its not like he was a 200lb kid who specalized in stuffing the run or something.. THen u might worry some, becuse u wonder if he'll hold up..
    Ya I agree. I always said with Earl that I needed to see his measurables because there were rumors that he wasnt nearly as big as he came into the combine. Once I saw his wieght, all my hesitations were gone.

With regards to Mathieu, leaving all the character issues aside, his size bothers me more because he never proved he can cover. His position last year was more of a safety. This was the year we were going to see him line up and cover guys and we all know how this year went. I can understand taking a chance on a guy who showed a good skillset and is undersized. But if you combine undersized and unproven in cover skills, that is a huge gamble.

Even i have my limits man..lol Just because i don't care about a Inch or 3lbs or something, dosen't mean i want a 5ft 7in 176lb cb running around out there..

But yes, when talking about the diffrence bettween 5ft 10 and 5ft 11 and 187 and a 193 or something like that, i could care less.. The reason being, is my cousin's 2inches taller then me, and my stepfather about a inch or so, and when were in a room together, its so minascule, its hard to really even notice the diffrence between us.. Now i have a very short friend, and obviously u can tell the diffrence in a heart beat..lol Pretty simply stuff i know, but thats basically how i feel..

I'd never pass on a guy becuase of a inch or a couple lb's as suggested on here by some.. No way, no how!!lol Kinda find it hard to belive, u can't tell the diffrence between Tyrann Mathieu and where i come from with size and not caring though???lol
    Agreed on size. 5'7"" compared to 5'11" is totally different whereas 5'11" v. 6' v. 6'1" is so close it is miniscule. I think the more important measureables are wingspan and shuttle drills to measure agility and to see if a player can get his hands up or into another player. Give me a short stout linebacker with arms like a baby gorilla any day over a tall lanky one with T-Rex arms.

Truthfully even the 40 is less impressive nowadays. There is not much difference between 4.5 seconds and 4.7 seconds. In fact if someone didn't have a stopwatch they couldn't even tell. Hell, I thought I was running fast when I ran a 5.5 seconds...I thought I was the frickin' Flash!

Nah, the size thing is huge, but its diffrent because hes a super tiny kid.. Size matters, when u weigh the same as i do, and i'm pretty skinny..lol For some reason i thought he was only 5ft 8in, but i see hes listed at 5ft 9inch, which is the minimum i would go HT wise for a CB..

I mean, size matters to me if its obnoxius, which i feel is kinda the case with Honey Badger.. 5ft 9in 175lb is nuts!!!lol I would not want that kid guarding guys 6ft 2in 210lbs day in and day out.. I'd also worry about injuries..

Guys like Earl Thomas, who is awesome by the way, i didn't care like most, becuase it wasen't obnoxius.. I mean, he weighed over 200lbs and he stood 5ft 10in.. I have no problem with that at all at S or CB, especially when ur a playmaker, and that is ur fortay.. Its not like he was a 200lb kid who specalized in stuffing the run or something.. THen u might worry some, becuse u wonder if he'll hold up..
    Earl did go to a system that plays him back . Seahawks use him taylor made to his skills. Seahawks know what they are doing on defense . I really like its design .

Tank Carradine and Boerner are both top 10 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Ya I agree. I always said with Earl that I needed to see his measurables because there were rumors that he wasnt nearly as big as he came into the combine. Once I saw his wieght, all my hesitations were gone.

With regards to Mathieu, leaving all the character issues aside, his size bothers me more because he never proved he can cover. His position last year was more of a safety. This was the year we were going to see him line up and cover guys and we all know how this year went. I can understand taking a chance on a guy who showed a good skillset and is undersized. But if you combine undersized and unproven in cover skills, that is a huge gamble.
    i coulden't agree more with everything u said..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Earl did go to a system that plays him back . Seahawks use him taylor made to his skills. Seahawks know what they are doing on defense . I really like its design .
    Ya, u want to have a mixture of talents on defense, and a playmaker is a nessecity.. As u can see with Stevie Brown and all his picks in CF, i think Earl Thomas would be having a monster yr in NY..

+ Reply to Thread