+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Who's your favorite pass rusher in this very deep and talented pass rusher draft. Keke mingo is the one I'd most like to see in blue next year. I like his motor and the way he uses his hands to get off blocks which is something that not a lot of college defensive ends know how to do. There are so many quality pass rushers in next years draft that guys who would be first round locks in other years will be pushed down into the second.
    Jarvis Jones
    Sam Montgomery
    Keke mingo
    Alex okafor
    Jackson jeffcoat
    Dion Jordan
    Margus hunt
    William gholston
    Brandon Jenkins
    Bjoern werner
    Devin taylor
    Damontre moore
    Corey lemonier

Who's your guy and why

Re: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Assuming he comes out, Bjoern Werner.

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.

Re: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Jarvis Jones for me
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

This draft does seem to be stacked with defensive ends and with Osi's contract up at the end of the year I expect a pass rusher to be a high priority for the Giants....Obviously I need to see way more of these guys before a final decision, but at first glance I'll go with Mingo. The guy's an athletic freak who looks like a puma chasing down his prey

I feel like Mingo is definitely going in the first round though. Guys who put up stats in the SEC aren't overlooked.

Veteran
    1st round depending on where we pick if its late i hope for DE/TE/DT/S in that order. i think the tight-end class is going to be good this upcoming year. ca't wait for college football to start so i can see some of these pass rushers

Margus Hunt is the guy for me. He reminds me a lot of Jared Allen. He's also versatile enough to play DE and DT. Kid is a force.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Assuming he comes out, Bjoern Werner.

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.
    I'm on record as being a jackson jeffcoat guy.. I love his length and athletiscim.. I could see him standing up and putting his hand in the ground, and hes got a mighty quick first step, and looks somewhat comfortable dropping into coverege.. I think hes a complete DE, with versatility to do many diffrent things..

I'm not sure that Osi won't be back next season, but you never know. Think you have to look at a project guy, don't need somone right away. Don't think we take a first rounder. But I do like Jeffcoat...very athletic

From watching the previous years, Id say Jarvis Jones right now. Mingo might be a better 3-4 OLB / Pass rusher.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

+ Reply to Thread