+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

Scott Crichton is really good 2 from Oregon State but he is only a RS Soph

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I thought u were the I dont care about size guy
    well, to be fair, he said he agreed with me and I pointed out a lot of other problems with this kid aside from his size.

Some Recent Pass Rusher Videos
    Damontre Moore vs LSU

Scott Crichton vs UCLA

Eziekel AnsaH vs Notre Dame

Right now, Id say a lot of these guys aren't suited for our system. I love Javis Jones and Dion Jordan, but they are more 3-4 OLBs. Id say Werner is a great DE for us, but will never reach us. I also like Ansah from BYU. And I bet Reese does as well. That dude has some serious strength along with a nice burst. He bull rushes a bunch and normally has the OT stepping backwards. Noticed him playing a bunch of DT too like what Tuck and JPP do for us in the nascar lineup when its 3rd and long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Right now, Id say a lot of these guys aren't suited for our system. I love Javis Jones and Dion Jordan, but they are more 3-4 OLBs. Id say Werner is a great DE for us, but will never reach us. I also like Ansah from BYU. And I bet Reese does as well. That dude has some serious strength along with a nice burst. He bull rushes a bunch and normally has the OT stepping backwards. Noticed him playing a bunch of DT too like what Tuck and JPP do for us in the nascar lineup when its 3rd and long.
    Jordan is an oddball actually. I used to think he might end up as a 34 olb but now I believe he is just too lanky and tall. I think he is a 43 end, who just needs to hit the wieghts and get to around 260, which with his fame wouldnt be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Jordan is an oddball actually. I used to think he might end up as a 34 olb but now I believe he is just too lanky and tall. I think he is a 43 end, who just needs to hit the wieghts and get to around 260, which with his fame wouldnt be that hard.
    I dont know how to project him. He was recruited originally as a tight end and u can see why he really is fluid more his height. The problem is how many 6'7" 240 lb guys play in space in the NFL. He would have a real problem playing the run. The things he does at Oregon playing Boundary corner and covering slot receivers is that really going to fly in the NFL.Most guys on Twitter keep saying he is an OLB but I believe like U that weights and playing on the line is the best way to go. I could see him busting if he goes to the wrong situation. Its going to be interesting to see how he develops . A lot of unknown with him. He really isnt refined at all as a Pass Rusher but he also doesnt take the amount of snaps going at the QB as some of the other guys.So now u have to project a guy adding 25-30 pounds and trying to project him into essentially a different position. Thats a lot of unknown for me.

Physically speaking Ansah looks the most ready. he has the NFL frame to play day 1 and he has really strong active hands. I truly believe if he is on the board he will be the pick but im not so sure he will be. I've seen most of the draft guys that scoffed at him as a 1st rounder have all changed their tune and mocking him higher

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I thought u were the I dont care about size guy
    Even i have my limits man..lol Just because i don't care about a Inch or 3lbs or something, dosen't mean i want a 5ft 7in 176lb cb running around out there..

But yes, when talking about the diffrence bettween 5ft 10 and 5ft 11 and 187 and a 193 or something like that, i could care less.. The reason being, is my cousin's 2inches taller then me, and my stepfather about a inch or so, and when were in a room together, its so minascule, its hard to really even notice the diffrence between us.. Now i have a very short friend, and obviously u can tell the diffrence in a heart beat..lol Pretty simply stuff i know, but thats basically how i feel..

I'd never pass on a guy becuase of a inch or a couple lb's as suggested on here by some.. No way, no how!!lol Kinda find it hard to belive, u can't tell the diffrence between Tyrann Mathieu and where i come from with size and not caring though???lol

Hard to pick a fave pass rusher, because u got guys who we have no chance at, and guys we have a chance at...

My fave pass rusher is Damontre Moore.. Hes built like a OX and he constantly gets pressure, which pretty much sums itself up as a complete beast! I would seriously freak if somehow we made a crazy move up and got Damontre Moore.. I think Moore is future Pro Bowler , no doubt..

As far as guys we might be able to get, i would side with EZ Ansah.. Hes got a JPP type build, a JPP type motor, with long arms to bat passes down, and oodles of potential..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    well, to be fair, he said he agreed with me and I pointed out a lot of other problems with this kid aside from his size.
    Nah, the size thing is huge, but its diffrent because hes a super tiny kid.. Size matters, when u weigh the same as i do, and i'm pretty skinny..lol For some reason i thought he was only 5ft 8in, but i see hes listed at 5ft 9inch, which is the minimum i would go HT wise for a CB..

I mean, size matters to me if its obnoxius, which i feel is kinda the case with Honey Badger.. 5ft 9in 175lb is nuts!!!lol I would not want that kid guarding guys 6ft 2in 210lbs day in and day out.. I'd also worry about injuries..

Guys like Earl Thomas, who is awesome by the way, i didn't care like most, becuase it wasen't obnoxius.. I mean, he weighed over 200lbs and he stood 5ft 10in.. I have no problem with that at all at S or CB, especially when ur a playmaker, and that is ur fortay.. Its not like he was a 200lb kid who specalized in stuffing the run or something.. THen u might worry some, becuse u wonder if he'll hold up..

+ Reply to Thread