+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If we win another Superbowl would you call us a dynasty?

Personally, I wouldn't. I see a dynasty as a dominant team for many years. If you look at our regular season records we haven't been dominant.

Veteran

Re: If we win another Superbowl would you call us a dynasty?

Yes ... We would be as close to a dynasty as possible in this salary cap parity era.. we've been pretty Damn consistent... We haven't had a losing season since 04 when losing seasons were every other year

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]Personally, I don't. I see a dynasty as a dominant team for many years. If you look at our regular season records we haven't been dominant.[/quote]

If we win another one with this group of guys and coaches in the next 3 yrs, wed be a dynasty w/o a doubt,

I personally believe we e already in dynasty mode, 2 sb wins in four yrs with an extremely young n talented roster with an elite qb...
    understand if others dont c it the way i do but im confident the world will c us as a dynasty after next season...if we can even simply get to another sb and not necessarily win, itd be amazing in todays fa era
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Yes.

There's no real definition.

The ones that aren't arguable:

60's Packers (5 in 7 years)
    70's Steelers (4 in 6 years)
    90's Cowboys (3 in 4 years)
    00's Patriots (3 in 4 years)

If we can win another one we'd be a lot like the late 70's - early 80's Raiders who won 3 (76 80 83) and the 49ers (81 84 88 89).

I think most people would agree that the Raiders and 49ers were dynasties, right?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I agree

Starter

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]There's no real definition.

The ones that aren't arguable:

60's Packers (5 in 7 years)
    70's Steelers (4 in 6 years)
    90's Cowboys (3 in 4 years)
    00's Patriots (3 in 4 years)

If we can win another one we'd be a lot like the late 70's - early 80's Raiders who won 3 (76 80 83) and the 49ers (81 84 88 89).

I think most people would agree that the Raiders and 49ers were dynasties, right?
    [/quote]

The 49ers were def a dynasty. They had the same core group throughout those years. I don't believe that many people consider the Raiders a dynasty they are often forgotten. They were overshadowed by the Steelers mostly and the 49ers a bit. They also had different coaches and starting QBs.
    IDK if I would consider us a dynasty. I guess it depends when we win another one and in what fashion we do it. I think many people won't consider us a dynasty because the perception is we got "hot" during our SB titles and had mediocre regular seasons. We’ll see though. Gotta win the 3rd first.
    NYG

If we won the SB again within the next few years I think it would come down to how we do in the playoffs during the non-SB years. To be a dynasty you ought to be a contender throughout most of your era and we haven't quite lived up to that in recent seasons.

[quote user="KidA"]If we won the SB again within the next few years I think it would come down to how we do in the playoffs during the non-SB years.* To be a dynasty you ought to be a contender throughout most of your era and we haven't quite lived up to that in recent seasons.
    [/quote]

I really think you've summed it up. They need to be consistant for a long period of time, right now they are not. Add a few more years going deep into the playoffs and another SB win in 2 or 3 years then yes.

All-Pro

Normally, I'd say without a doubt. However, there's one difference between us, if we win another one, and say the Patriots or the Steelers. The Pats and Steelers are good pretty much every year and are a lock to make the playoffs. Since 2007, we've missed the playoffs twice. We aren't what you'd call a convincing team. Dynasties imo, need to be convincing.

There's a reason why we're always getting disrespected.

Consistency is key.