+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is The Giants 2012 Schedule Really The Toughest In The NFL or Is It Slightly Overrated As Far As Difficulty

Week 1 vs Cowboys-The Cowboys look to have an improved secondary and better than last year but still the Giants can win.

Week 2 vs Buccaneers-A game that the Giants should not have much problem winning but who knows, its a game that the Giants will likely win.

Week 3 @ Panthers-The Panthers I think will be much improved this season, they may even contend for the NFC South Division I think they will be better this season but if the Giants play their game they could win.

Week 4 @ Eagles-Eagles will be improved too, the Giants did beat them in their house last season 29-16. This is going to be one of the toughest games on the Giants schedule I believe.

Week 5 vs Browns-Another game the Giants should win. I hope this is not a repeat of what the Browns did to us that year in 2008.

Week 6 @ 49ers-The 49ers are going to be looking for revenge for what happened in the NFC Championship Game last season, im sure they have this game circled on their schedule. Its going to be tough to win their again but hopefully the Giants can do it they sure are capable of it as shown in the NFC Championship Game and the Giants came close in Week 10 of last year.

Week 7 vs Redskins-The first ever matchup between RG3/Eli. Its going to be interest to see what plays Perry Fewell dials up against RG3. Its a game the Giants can win but the Redskins swept up last season and they are going to be better this season.

Week 8 @ Cowboys-The Giants are 3-0 @ Cowboys Stadium as said above the Cowboys secondary will probably be improved but the Giants can win.

Week 9 vs Steelers-The 3rd meeting between Ben/Eli its going to be a tough game but it will be interesting to see who gets the upper edge in this game.

Week 10 @ Bengals-The Bengals were a playoff team last year but the Giants can win this game.

Week 11 Bye Week

Week 12 vs Packers-A rematch of the NFC Divisional Game last season. Two of the best teams in the NFC square of SNF @ MetLife. Its going to be a tough game one of the toughest on the Giants schedule. I really think this game will likely show where the Giants are at.

Week 13 @ Redskins-Eli/RG3 MNF in the 2nd meeting of the season its going to be interesting.

Week 14 vs Saints-This is a game where I believe the Giants are going to be out looking for revenge. Im glad that the schedule makers put this game in December. The Saints have beat the Giants badly in 2009 & 2011. Now that this game is at MetLife Stadium I hopefully the Giants can win this time around.

Week 15 @ Falcons-A rematch of the wild card from last season where the Giants beat down the Falcons 24-2. Its going to be interesting this time since the game will be at the Georgia Dome.

Week 16 @ Ravens-This is going to be a huge game as this is one of the final games of the season. Giants/Ravens haven't squared off since 2008 it will be interesting to see how this game goes.

Week 17 vs Eagles-I believe this game could very well have playoff implications. It could be like last season where the NFC East was on the line with Cowboys/Giants. If thats the case look for this game to be moved to Sunday Night.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: Is The Giants 2012 Schedule Really The Toughest In The NFL or Is It Slightly Overrated As Far As Difficulty

No, its really hard.

Re: Is The Giants 2012 Schedule Really The Toughest In The NFL or Is It Slightly Overrated As Far As Difficulty

To be honest, I have never really paid any attention to the "level of difficulty" of the schedule. As a Giants fan, I am always confident that they can win EVERY game regardless of who the opponent is. If we were playing last year's Saints team at the dome with our second string guys I would still watch the game and be confident with our guys and expect a win.

I don't know why that is but that's just the way I am as a fan.

I look at this schedule and of course it is as tough as taking a college final with your eyes closed or trying to answer questions at a job interview using only your feet, but my initial thoughts are we will take this schedule one game at a time and these are all winnable games. I am confident that we can win every single game.

I think our success will depend on the ol. We face all the top defenses.
    If the ol can open up run lanes, and perhaps most importantly, protect eli and keep him clean, we should win against any team...

We have a beast dl, a beast qb, and best wrs...we will prob have a bunch of ugly wins, but winning is all that matters.

To be honest, i want osi to remain a giant. But if we could package him and trade for a top lt, id be for that and move beatty to rt...

Protecting eli is going to be the most important aspect in determining wins. We should beat every team on our schedule. If we, when we make the playoffs, we will be tested and will have faced the other playoff teams imo...its all about eli...he can aingle handedly carry us to wins...if he gets protedtion...

Im a lil worried bout our ol vs a lot of those defenses...

Based on what everybody believes to be true about our opponents, it is a very tough schedule. The strength of schedule is all speculation until the season plays out, because some opponents will achieve more than was expected and some will soil the nest. But based on what we saw in 2011 and what we suppose we'll see in 2012, we have a real challenge ahead of us. I love being a fan of a team that welcomes a challenge.

By strength of schedule based on last year's records it is the most difficult. We also have an 11 week run to finish the season where every team we face is either a divisional foe (remember we got swept by the Skins last year) or a 2011 playoff team.

So, yeah. I'd say we have the toughest sked in the NFL for 2012.

One thing to keep in mind, remember that our own schedule is only two games different from each divisional foe. The only difference is that we get the Packers and 49ers while Philly gets Detroit (Megatron) and Arizona, Dallas gets Chicago (who were supposed to be much better than 8-8 before Cutler got hurt) and Seattle. The skins get the Rams and bucs... nothing special, but still decent teams (remember the rams beat NO last season). All other teams are the same (Ravens, Saints, Falcons, etc)...

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]One thing to keep in mind, remember that our own schedule is only two games different from each divisional foe. The only difference is that we get the Packers and 49ers while Philly gets Detroit (Megatron) and Arizona, Dallas gets Chicago (who were supposed to be much better than 8-8 before Cutler got hurt) and Seattle. The skins get the Rams and bucs... nothing special, but still decent teams (remember the rams beat NO last season). All other teams are the same (Ravens, Saints, Falcons, etc)...
    [/quote]

Good point. Which makes how we do vs the division extremely important, i know it always is but this season may be even more so

[quote user="Antwuan"]Week 1 vs Cowboys-The Cowboys look to have an improved secondary and better than last year but still the Giants can win.

Week 2 vs Buccaneers-A game that the Giants should have much problem winning but who knows, its a game that the Giants will likely win.

Week 3 @ Panthers-The Panthers I think will be much improved this season, they may even contend for the NFC South Division I think they will be better this season but if the Giants play their game they could win.

Week 4 @ Eagles-Eagles will be improved too, the Giants did beat them in their house last season 29-16. This is going to be one of the toughest games on the Giants schedule I believe.

Week 5 vs Browns-Another game the Giants should win. I hope this is not a repeat of what the Browns did to us that year in 2008.

Week 6 @ 49ers-The 49ers are going to be looking for revenge for what happened in the NFC Championship Game last season, im sure they have this game circled on their schedule. Its going to be tough to win their again but hopefully the Giants can do it they sure are capable of it as shown in the NFC Championship Game and the Giants came close in Week 10 of last year.

Week 7 vs Redskins-The first ever matchup between RG3/Eli. Its going to be interest to see what plays Perry Fewell dials up against RG3. Its a game the Giants can win but the Redskins swept up last season and they are going to be better this season.

Week 8 @ Cowboys-The Giants are 3-0 @ Cowboys Stadium as said above the Cowboys secondary will probably be improved but the Giants can win.

Week 9 vs Steelers-The 3rd meeting between Ben/Eli its going to be a tough game but it will be interesting to see who gets the upper edge in this game.

Week 10 @ Bengals-The Bengals were a playoff team last year but the Giants can win this game.

Week 11 Bye Week

Week 12 vs Packers-A rematch of the NFC Divisional Game last season. Two of the best teams in the NFC square of SNF @ MetLife. Its going to be a tough game one of the toughest on the Giants schedule. I really think this game will likely show where the Giants are at.

Week 13 @ Redskins-Eli/RG3 MNF in the 2nd meeting of the season its going to be interesting.

Week 14 vs Saints-This is a game where I believe the Giants are going to be out looking for revenge. Im glad that the schedule makers put this game in December. The Saints have beat the Giants badly in 2009 & 2011. Now that this game is at MetLife Stadium I hopefully the Giants can win this time around.

Week 15 @ Falcons-A rematch of the wild card from last season where the Giants beat down the Falcons 24-2. Its going to be interesting this time since the game will be at the Georgia Dome.

Week 16 @ Ravens-This is going to be a huge game as this is one of the final games of the season. Giants/Ravens haven't squared off since 2008 it will be interesting to see how this game goes.

Week 17 vs Eagles-I believe this game could very well have playoff implications. It could be like last season where the NFC East was on the line with Cowboys/Giants. If thats the case look for this game to be moved to Sunday Night.[/quote]Just realized with the rotation it's supposed to be the same schedule we played in 08. AFC north with Pitt, ravens, browns and Cinn just like 08.

However we had the NFC West in 08 and get NFC south this time. Not sure how that happened as it rotates every 4yrs.

We get SF this yr due to placement in standings and played em in 08 and had carolina in 08 for same reason and we get em this yr.

So only diff in the schedule is we swapped Minny then for GB this yr. we get TB Atlanta and saints and 08 had Seahawks rams and Cards.

So 12 of our 16 games are exactly the same. Hope we fair as well as we did back then with the tough schedule in our Title defense. Well at least up until plax shot himself..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Anyone know why the rotation isn't exactly the same as 08 except for the 2 teams u get based off what place u finish in.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***