+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pick a QB for season, game, play

Thought this was an interesting topic. The author picked Eli over Brady for the QB to have for one game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-game-one-play

Re: Pick a QB for season, game, play

All-Pro

Tebow, Tebow and Tebow []

ok, all kidding aside ... a season, well I have to go with Peyton Manning in his prime ... for a game, well call me biased, but Eli 4th Qtr performances in SB42 and 46, well I want him for one big game, esp. neutral field or away game

one play ... hmmm ... i'll go back in time to a player i hated ... Joe Montana ... we actually held our own vs. Joe ... it was Steve Young that really lit us up a few times, but for one play ... Joe was the old Mr. Clutch

All-Pro

[quote user="G-Man67"]

Tebow, Tebow and Tebow []

ok, all kidding aside ... a season, well I have to go with Peyton Manning in his prime ... for a game, well call me biased, but Eli 4th Qtr performances in SB42 and 46, well I want him for one big game, esp. neutral field or away game

one play ... hmmm ... i'll go back in time to a player i hated ... Joe Montana ... we actually held our own vs. Joe ... it was Steve Young that really lit us up a few times, but for one play ... Joe was the old Mr. Clutch

[/quote]agree with you on all counts
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

lol for one game it is Eli Manning and it isn't even close.

One play id def take eli...the play in sb 42 and 46 r more than enough evidence to make that claim.

And if postseason was an added category id take eli there as well.

Even reg season, depends on the parameter. If its ff stats, rodgers or brees. If its to carry a team and win, elis nfl record fourth qrt td passes and his epic ability at gw drives, then id choose eli there as well...

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Thought this was an interesting topic. The author picked Eli over Brady for the QB to have for one game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-game-one-play[/quote]I have always said, for 1 game he be the QB. It only two SB MVP trophies to have people actually start to think/talk about it.

Eli and the Giants have a chance to be what people thought the pats would be. But as I have said, they went no where after spy gate came out.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Thought this was an interesting topic. The author picked Eli over Brady for the QB to have for one game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-game-one-play[/quote]I have always said, for 1 game he be the QB. It only two SB MVP trophies to have people actually start to think/talk about it.

Eli and the Giants have a chance to be what people thought the pats would be. But as I have said, they went no where after spy gate came out.[/quote]

they've gone no where since parcells' defense retired, and BB's replacements got old. they've become a finesse team that keeps running into the anti-finesse team of the league

Veteran

One game? Eh, I dunno about Eli over some other guys. He's good for a couple stinkers.

One DRIVE? I want no one else but Eli

All-Pro

[quote user="njsean"]One game? Eh, I dunno about Eli over some other guys. He's good for a couple stinkers. One DRIVE? I want no one else but Eli[/quote]

This. But, I'd want him for one drive - under 2 minutes or final posession.

But, I think I'd rather have Tebow. After all, he's clutch. Hahaha. Well, technically he is!