+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

do you think the Giants become more aggressive when...

We get a lead. I was just thinking about this bc of the thread about the better offense between the Giants and Saints.

When we get a lead, it seems we become more conservative. I think it has a lot to do with we've been a team with turnovers. These past few years, ive been more trusting of the offense in situations i never was, like 3rd and longs.

I think thats why when we get leads, we become more conservative for ball control and not to really risk anything. A classic, and ****ty example was vs philly in the meltdown. We became a different team trying to run the clock down so we wouldnt run it over. Turns out that when we needed to turn the offense back on late, we couldnt. They were out of rhythm.

I think that tc handled the philosophies well in the past, and even now. I have no issues with him, im a big fan and respect him. But our offense seems to be able to execute all game in closer games, when we get a lead, should we be more aggressive like NO? They arent worried about tunovers as much bc they know they will execute and arent worried a turnover will be able to beat them bc they score a lot being so aggressive.

I trust the offense enough to where i think we could still just run the offense as if it wasa 0-0 and not have to go into convervative 3 n out mode.
    I think that issue is the only reason we arent like the top offensive team. Yes i know a top ten offense and kg has made me eat crow, but we could be a top 3 offense consistently with the talent we have....

But i think tc doesnt care about that really, and theres no need to amp it up when ahead bc we do have a history with turnovers and tc is big on ball control...

Just supposing about why NO and NE etc etcto have better offenses

Re: do you think the Giants become more aggressive when...

Run the score baby.

Yeah, I think next year we'll be more aggressive

We hardly had the lead this season.

When we did get the lead it was usually toward the end of the game.

9 wins.

Rams: didn't figure it out until the 4th quarter.

Eagles 1: Played aggressively the whole way.

Cardinals: Played from behind the major majority of the game.

Bills: Played from behind

Dolphins: Played from behind

Pats: Didn't score in the first half..dead heat the whole way.

Cowboys: Dead heat then played from behind.

Jets: Played aggressively with the lead

Cowboys: Took a big lead and perhaps let up a little but you're almost supposed to reel it in when you're up 21 zap.

The moral of the story: When it comes to last season at least, there's nothing there to suggest that we are conservative with a lead since we hardly ever had the lead.

Side note: Some may want to go back and rewatch some of those games last season. I'm hearing alot of fiction about how deep and "stacked" we are.

If we consider what happened in the playoffs we highly aggressive with the lead leading to two sizable victories.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"]We hardly had the lead this season.

9 wins.

Cowboys: Took a big lead and perhaps let up a little but you're almost supposed to reel it in when you're up 21 zap.

The moral of the story: When it comes to last season at least, there's nothing there to suggest that we are conservative with a lead since we hardly ever had the lead.

Side note: Some may want to go back and rewatch some of those games last season. I'm hearing alot of fiction about how deep and "stacked" we are.

If we consider what happened in the playoffs we highly aggressive with the lead leading to two sizable victories.[/quote]

[quote user="burier"]We hardly had the lead this season.

9 wins.

If we consider what happened in the playoffs we highly aggressive with the lead leading to two sizable victories.[/quote]

Wait are u saying we are not conservative? Kinda confused with ur post...its not just last year, its been pretty much since day one of the tc campaign, he just wants to ensure we dont give away points while ahead...its just we were having a ton of issues w to's so we got even more conservative when ahead...

I think theres a higher level of trust now and we pro cojld be aggressive and never ket off the gas even ahead by a few possessions

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="burier"]We hardly had the lead this season.

9 wins.

Wait are u saying we are not conservative? Kinda confused with ur post...its not just last year, its been pretty much since day one of the tc campaign, he just wants to ensure we dont give away points while ahead...its just we were having a ton of issues w to's so we got even more conservative when ahead...

I think theres a higher level of trust now and we pro cojld be aggressive and never ket off the gas even ahead by a few possessions[/quote]

I'm saying pertaining to last season you can't say we were concervative at all...We scored pleanty of points and were actually the most explosive team in the NFL.

You can't say that we were conservative with a lead because we never broke a really big lead on anyone until week 17 which like I said you could argue that we became conservative in that one game.

But in the playoffs we didn't become conservative in games against the Falcons and Packers. Completely went for the jugular in both games. Other games were too close to be relevant here.

Now if we're talking historically in TCs run I'd agree with you.

Mind boggling pansy playcalling by Gilbride.

I was just pointing out that this season we seemed to show less of that in the few instances when we had a chance.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

All-Pro

Probably not. Same coaches, same philosophy.

When we are up, we take our foot off the gas peddle on offense and play prevent on defense.

Why do you think Eli gets so many come from behind wins. We only push when we are down.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Probably not. Same coaches, same philosophy.

When we are up, we take our foot off the gas peddle on offense and play prevent on defense.

Why do you think Eli gets so many come from behind wins. We only push when we are down.

[/quote]

yeah i agree, but i dont quite get it. if we trust the offense to do it when behind, when its mroe difficult, than why not when ahead? the offense has improved imho to a point we can trust eli and the offense almost every single play...i see why we'd slow things down when ahead, but vs some offenses, that could bite us in the ace...it did vs philly, and its happened other times too but as another poster mentioned, we trailed almost every game and had 9 regular season wins, we werent playing from ahead that often...

[quote user="giantsfan420"]A classic, and ****ty example was vs philly in the meltdown. We became a different team trying to run the clock down so we wouldnt run it over. [/quote]
    Complete myth. We were pretty balanced.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="giantsfan420"]A classic, and ****ty example was vs philly in the meltdown. We became a different team trying to run the clock down so we wouldnt run it over. [/quote]
    Complete myth. We were pretty balanced.
    [/quote]

lol no one can make up their mind about that game.

We ran too much we passed to much.

Truth is we couldn't play D on Vick so we lost.