+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Members Espn NFL live declaring eagles "team to beat"

Re: Members Espn NFL live declaring eagles "team to beat"

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="greenca190"][quote user="flamethrower"]They never pick the Giants. Why? Because of the fact that they are trying not to be Biased towards East Coast teams. Yet, they always pick a team from the East Coast, and in the North part to win it all. They can't pick the Giants. Because if they do. It shows. I bet they picked the Patriots to win the AFC also.
    [/quote]

Holy crap. This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

They don't want to seem east coast bias, so they pick east coast teams? Whaaaaaat?[/quote]What I was saying. Was that the Giants will never be picked by ESPN. They want the Patriots to win it all. They are still mad that the Giants beat the Patriots a few years back. They were really on that 19-0 bandwagon. They don't like the Giants. The only time they ever picked the Giants to do anything. They were disapointed.
    [/quote]

But isn't new England in the north east...?

Yes they are. Ain't BSPN in the North East mostly? Yes it is. Connecticut is Patriots county. Been that way since Brady won their first title.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that anyone would actually listen to those morons or care what they think!
    ESPN is made up of two kinds of "experts"......Those who never played the game and ex-athletes who talk a better game than they ever played!

[quote user="bigblue58"]The only thing that surprises me about this is that anyone would actually listen to those morons or care what they think!
    ESPN is made up of two kinds of "experts"......Those who never played the game and ex-athletes who talk a better game than they ever played![/quote]
    I agree with this. The only person this does not apply to is Jerry Rice.
    Close or you hit the bricks

[quote user="flamethrower"]Yes they are. Ain't BSPN in the North East mostly? Yes it is. Connecticut is Patriots county. Been that way since Brady won their first title.
    [/quote]</P>

I live in the area. Bristol CT is Giants country.</P>

And the location of ESPN's studio has nothing to do with anything anyway. You guys crack me up with the supposed "anti-Giants" bias at ESPN or any other media outlet.</P>

Its pure fantasy.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="flamethrower"]Yes they are. Ain't BSPN in the North East mostly? Yes it is. Connecticut is Patriots county. Been that way since Brady won their first title.
    [/quote]</p>

I live in the area. Bristol CT is Giants country.</p>

And the location of ESPN's studio has nothing to do with anything anyway. You guys crack me up with the supposed "anti-Giants" bias at ESPN or any other media outlet.</p>

Its pure fantasy.</p>[/quote]I wouldnt say there is an "anti Giants" biased, but they definitely favor other teams, imo.
    Like the Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Eagles.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

I live in the area. Bristol CT is Giants country.</P>

And the location of ESPN's studio has nothing to do with anything anyway. You guys crack me up with the supposed "anti-Giants" bias at ESPN or any other media outlet.</P>

Its pure fantasy.</P>

[/quote]I wouldnt say there is an "anti Giants" biased, but they definitely favor other teams, imo.
    Like the Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Eagles.
    [/quote]</P>

Why?</P>

ESPN analists will hitch their wagon to the "sexy" pick. Or to the "sexy" team. We aren't that sexy.</P>

I am but they're not.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Instead of " All In " and " Finish " , TC should put up a sign that reads " ESPN's right, you're all a bunch of 3rd rate Bast--ds "[/quote]

I like this idea. I doubt they pay any attention to stuff like this though, cause all that matters is what happens on the field, not what the talking heads predict before a snap of football is played.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

I live in the area. Bristol CT is Giants country.</p>

And the location of ESPN's studio has nothing to do with anything anyway. You guys crack me up with the supposed "anti-Giants" bias at ESPN or any other media outlet.</p>

Its pure fantasy.</p>[/quote]I was referring to BSPN. Their offices are there. That was why I said Connecticut. Because BSPN hates the Giants team. Always have. Always will. When they start their NFL talk. I change the channel. Because after baseball scores, and basketball scores they get real biased.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

the Eagles made a strong showing toward the end of last year
    [/quote]If you mean by beating a bunch of crap teams then okay, yeah.

Don't understand why that "strong finish" thing keeps getting thrown around.
    [/quote]

The 'dream team' didn't have much of an offseason last year, a hurt michael vick, and a plethora of other excuses I can make that seem pretty empty.

Excuses are lame, but sometimes have their validity. I'm not saying those are the reasons the eagles stunk it up in the first half of the season, but it's impossible to ignore the improvements that team made in the last quarter of the season.

They are a matchup problem for the rest of the east.

+ Reply to Thread