+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Members Espn NFL live declaring eagles "team to beat"

I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

Obviously the Giants are the champs, but the Eagles made a strong showing toward the end of last year and had the strongest off season IMO.

That said, it seems like no one has noticed that the eagles have finished worse and worse over the last few years. They're not exactly trending up.

Instead of " All In " and " Finish " , TC should put up a sign that reads " ESPN's right, you're all a bunch of 3rd rate Bast--ds "

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

Obviously the Giants are the champs, but the Eagles made a strong showing toward the end of last year and had the strongest off season IMO.

That said, it seems like no one has noticed that the eagles have finished worse and worse over the last few years. They're not exactly trending up.
    [/quote]
    The Giants had a pretty strong finish to their season, too. We did win our last 6 games. I'd say an even stronger one. Winning the Super Bowl and all, you know.

I don't think the Eagles have had a much better off season than any of the other East teams, at least not us.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

[/quote]
    The Giants had a pretty strong finish to their season, too. We did win our last 6 games. I'd say an even stronger one. Winning the Super Bowl and all, you know.

I don't think the Eagles have had a much better off season than any of the other East teams, at least not us.
    [/quote]

I completely agree. You can't have a stronger finish than the team that wins it all.

[quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I completely agree. You can't have a stronger finish than the team that wins it all.[/quote]

True! But how many times does the superbowl winning team not recapture that same drive they had the previous year? Meanwhile, as another thread has pointed out, the Eagles haven't had a championship in 52 years... roughly around the time people were still ****ing outdoors.

The Eagles were the team to beat last year-- it just took them a while to gel and it seems like they have now. Also, they had the best record in the NFCE, which had a game separate the third place team from the first place team.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I completely agree. You can't have a stronger finish than the team that wins it all.[/quote]

True! But how many times does the superbowl winning team not recapture that same drive they had the previous year? Meanwhile, as another thread has pointed out, the Eagles haven't had a championship in 52 years... roughly around the time people were still ****ing outdoors.

The Eagles were the team to beat last year-- it just took them a while to gel and it seems like they have now. Also, they had the best record in the NFCE, which had a game separate the third place team from the first place team.
    [/quote]

I agree with you that they locked up a lot of their young talent to long term deals, but I feel like losing Peters and Samuel is going to figure into this somehow.

[quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you that they locked up a lot of their young talent to long term deals, but I feel like losing Peters and Samuel is going to figure into this somehow.[/quote]

I forgot about losing Peters. That's going to hurt in the NFCE.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you that they locked up a lot of their young talent to long term deals, but I feel like losing Peters and Samuel is going to figure into this somehow.[/quote]

I forgot about losing Peters. That's going to hurt in the NFCE.
    [/quote]

The Eagles are lucky Vick is a lefty and it's the RT that has his back. But still, losing Peters is a huge blow to their offense.

And Samuel makes plays. He was good for a pick or two in a big spot.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="flamethrower"]They never pick the Giants. Why? Because of the fact that they are trying not to be Biased towards East Coast teams. Yet, they always pick a team from the East Coast, and in the North part to win it all. They can't pick the Giants. Because if they do. It shows. I bet they picked the Patriots to win the AFC also.
    [/quote]

Holy crap. This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

They don't want to seem east coast bias, so they pick east coast teams? Whaaaaaat?[/quote]What I was saying. Was that the Giants will never be picked by ESPN. They want the Patriots to win it all. They are still mad that the Giants beat the Patriots a few years back. They were really on that 19-0 bandwagon. They don't like the Giants. The only time they ever picked the Giants to do anything. They were disapointed.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

Veteran

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]I don't really disagree too much with the assessment that the Eagles are the team to beat this year.

the Eagles made a strong showing toward the end of last year
    [/quote]If you mean by beating a bunch of crap teams then okay, yeah.

Don't understand why that "strong finish" thing keeps getting thrown around.