+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Martellus Bennett Update at Coughlins Jay Fund Golf Tourney

Martellus Bennett: Laurent Robinson proved he was a No. 1 last year

Giants tight end Martellus Bennett saw up close what Laurent Robinson could do last year when both were on the Cowboys.

Bennett, whom I caught up with at Tom Coughlin's charity golf tournament for The Jay Fund yesterday, had nothing but praise for Robinson. Mostly.

"I think Laurent is a No. 1," Bennett said. "He proved that last year he was one of our leading receivers if not the leading receiver of the Cowboys. No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 doesnít matter as long as you get your job done. Throw me the ball, I catch it, thatís what he is type of guy.

"Heís super skinny though. I donít think he has ankles."

If you let Bennett keep going, he can take you down some winding tangents.

"With him and Blackmon down here, I think yíall have a really good tandem," Bennett said. "Real good start. Ainít your quarterback named Blaine? Blaine thatís an old name. Thatís an old person name."

I asked Bennett how his transition to the Giants was going. He seemed to like New York.

"Itís been wonderful, I love the place," Bennett said. "I love the people, everybodyís awesome theyíre nice, I come from the south where everybodyís judgmental. The people up in New York, everybody just goes about their life. Itís the one thirdrule. One thirdof the people know who you are, but they donít give a damn. One third do know who you are and they care. Then one third of people just donít give a [expletive] about who you are. So I like New York. New York is awesome."

As for moving from the Cowboys to one of Dallas's hated rivals?

"I always tell people, if I worked for Dell and Microsoft offered me more money, Iíd go right over to Microsoft," Bennett said.

Bennett said his group had been playing well and were going for the win. I was skeptical, but Bennett's group finished in the top three at the tournament.

Re: Martellus Bennett Update at Coughlins Jay Fund Golf Tourney

Microsoft and Dell aren't really competing companies tho?

All-Pro

oh boy ... he's no Wonderlic []

[quote user="G-Man67"]oh boy ... he's no Wonderlic [][/quote]

At least he spelled them right.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

That is a story to ****ing tell

[quote user="quan the don"]Microsoft and Dell aren't really competing companies tho?[/quote]

They are from the standpoint that they would compete for a lot of the same Human resources:

Developers, Project Managers, Salespeople, Consultants

They are probably partners in some respects and competitors in another.

All-Pro

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]LOL. That is a story to ****ing tell[/quote]

Hey, its the offseason. Trying not to put another "Osi said this on twitter" or "2 Superbowls in 4 or 5 years" or "RANDOM PLAYER will break out this year" threads.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]LOL. That is a story to ****ing tell[/quote]

Hey, its the offseason. Trying not to put another "Osi said this on twitter" or "2 Superbowls in 4 or 5 years" or "RANDOM PLAYER will break out this year" threads.

[/quote]

Lol I wasn't mocking the tread you started. I'm actually laughing at what he said