+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

Andre Brown appealing 4 game suspension:

From CBS Sports: RB Andre Brown is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. However, he told CBSSports.com that he's in the midst of the appeals process. “I don't know what I can and cannot say,” he said. “It was something that I've been on since I've been in the league, which was adderall. I just forgot to fill out some paperwork and that was it.”

Sounds like he may get off the hook if thats what it was.

I got a ring! He got one too!

Re: Andre Brown appealing 4 game suspension:

I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.

[quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

and if it's for adderol who cares? theres no unfair advantage given to him by taken adderol, unless he was taking tests, or trying to drink all day.

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

and if it's for adderol who cares? theres no unfair advantage given to him by taken adderol, unless he was taking tests, or trying to drink all day.
    [/quote]

NCAA bans certain energy supplements and drinks, So its not a stretch to think aderall is banned by both them and the NFL.

Lets hope the kid catches a break here.

Veteran

[quote user="Spedracer"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]

NCAA bans certain energy supplements and drinks, So its not a stretch to think aderall is banned by both them and the NFL.[/quote]

If he has a dr's slip I don't think there is really much discussion

Veteran

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]

It gave him an unfair advantage in the film room because he was so focused! /s

[/quote]
    Not saying that he isn't legitimately on Aderall, but you don't think that being on amphetamines would have any kind of benefit on the field? How high are you?

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]
    Not saying that he isn't legitimately on Aderall, but you don't think that being on amphetamines would have any kind of benefit on the field? How high are you?
    [/quote]

Its all about dosage, but you are right one could get the same effects from adderall as one can from meth, they are both amphetamines.

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Its all about dosage, but you are right one could get the same effects from adderall as one can from meth, they are both amphetamines.
    [/quote]

Exactly. If he's on it for legitimate purpose following a prescribed dose and dosing schedule, then yeah, there wouldn't be any performance enhancing qualities and it's a non-issue. If it was just a matter of a paperwork snafu, then I'm sure he'll win his appeal.

However, to make the claim that being on amphetamines wouldn't have a beneficial effect is just silly and rather beside the point, too.