+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Merrill Reese. The voice of the eagles.

The purpose of this thread is to vent my complete contempt for the Eagles play by play announcer. I don't necessarily hate him, but I certainly despise his voice.

I know I'm not the only one.

Re: Merrill Reese. The voice of the eagles.

cannot stand that guy! he legit sounds like a clown!

"dahshonnn jahksonn"
    "dahhhnahvon macnobb"

and he always counts down the final seconds to a game, even while the coaches are going out to shake hands with the colock runnings. he sucks.

Why are you listening to the Eagles radio broadcasts?

1) You should be watching Giants games on TV, not listening on the radio.
    2) If for some reason you can't watch the game and listen on the radio, you should be listening to the Giants broadcast not the Eagles broadcasts. Bob Papa and Carl Banks are awesome.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]Why are you listening to the Eagles radio broadcasts?

2) If for some reason you can't watch the game and listen on the radio, you should be listening to the Giants broadcast not the Eagles broadcasts. Bob Papa and Harry Carson are awesome.
    [/quote]Thanks, I thought this would be obvious but aparently it isn't!
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'm not listening to their broadcasts. I suppose you must not watch NFL network or live in Pennsylvania...so you don't understand.

Any time anything Eagles is on NFL network, like highlights, they have his play by play...just like with Bob Papa and the Giants.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]Why are you listening to the Eagles radio broadcasts?

2) If for some reason you can't watch the game and listen on the radio, you should be listening to the Giants broadcast not the Eagles broadcasts. Bob Papa and Carl Banks are awesome.
    [/quote]

On the Super Bowl DVDs they often mix the other team's radio calls with ours (Bob Papa).

If that's the same guy, he sounds like he's gurgling spaghetti. I hate the yukky disc jockey deliveries... Same for the Pats' guy, but the Eagles guy definitely gets on my nerves.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Bench Player

At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.

[quote user="Fmart322"]At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.[/quote]

I disagree. Reese has an especially cloying voice that would turn me off, regardless of what he was broadcasting.

HOWEVER, he is such a complete homer--much much more than Papa or Banks, for example--that whenever an Eagles player screws up, or when an opponent embarrasses his precious Eagles with a big play, he sounds like he's describing the burning of the Hindenburg (oh, the HUMANITY!). Hilarious stuff, that.

[quote user="Fmart322"]At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.[/quote]l

Here is exactly what I'm talking about (sample the call after Cruz scores the TD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v57QsUUmVI# t=460s

7:40 in

Some of the worst disc jockey yukking I've ever heard. "...and that was juzt bad tagling"

I hate radio guys who have to put on a yukky fake voice. I know you have to enunciate and create your own little signature sound, but they yukky disc jockey routine really grates my nerves.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Fmart322"]At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.[/quote]l

Here is exactly what I'm talking about (sample the call after Cruz scores the TD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v57QsUUmVI#t=46 0s

7:40 in

Some of the worst disc jockey yukking I've ever heard.* "...and that was juzt bad tagling"

I hate radio guys who have to put on a yukky fake voice.* I know you have to enunciate and create your own little signature sound, but they yukky disc jockey routine really grates my nerves.
    [/quote]Wow
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***