+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

'07 Giants vs '11 Giants

Superbowl matchup......

2007 Superbowl Winning Giants, an experienced team with one of the best defenses in the game. A mixed group of young and experienced talent at WR and in the secondary. The O-line is arguably the best in the league destroying opposing fronts. Smith owns the slot, Plax owns the outside. Jacobs is running like a madman. Eli is still growing and developing into a star. Pierce has the defense on point with Tuck and Osi causing havoc on the outsides. Webster's becoming on of the best CB's in the LG, James Butler and Gibril Wilson are solid and keeping plays in front of them.

2011 Superbowl Winning Giants, a group of extremely young talent. The O-line has regressed and so has the abilities/health of Jacobs and Bradshaw. The WR group has been rejuvenated with the addition of Nicks, Manningham and Cruz, arguably the best trio of WR's in the NFL. Eli Manning is now in the discussion of the best QB in the NFL and broke many record over the last 4 years. The secondary is hurt badly but the fixtures, Webster, Rolle, Phillips and Ross are doing great against the opposition. JPP.......a MONSTER, has found his niche opposite Tuck with Osi rotating on the line. Boley, Williams, Kiwi, and Blackburn allows Fewell to give the offense numerous looks which is a major advantage.

Who wins the '07Giants vs. '12Giants matchup??

Re: '07 Giants vs '12 Giants

Manningbowl ?
    If it takes a year to figure out an offense, it's the wrong offense.

[quote user="Gimaniac"]Manningbowl ?[/quote]
    Hologram Manningbowl

Veteran

Shouldn't it be the 2011 Giants?

Anyway, I think the 2011 Giants are a better team than the 2007 Giants.

Iagree with what tuck said, this team has more talent, but the 07 team had a little bit more heart and destiny on their side.

He thinks this team is probably a bit better and i agree

All-Pro

very close

i would give 2011/12 - QB, WR, STs

i would give 2007/8 - O-line, smarterD w/equal pass rush

i would go with 2011/12 mainly b/c of Eli, but also b/c they did finally start to be able to run it late in the season and in the playoffs and the D got it together when they finally got healthy and when some things were simplified

Eli Manning is 100% better then back in 2007! 2011-12 gets the nod! [D]
    Giants fan since '58

Bench Player

if he had time to throw . remember we bat a much better pats team in 2007 than this year. also we knock down a tom brady so many time that game when through the whole year he might have gotten hit about 10 times in 17 games

Bench Player

is nicks , crus ,manniham better than Moss welker and their 3rd reciever .
    Is this year Eli was better than 07 brady ?

We won super bowl xlii because of the 2007 entry draft. All of those guys except 1 were crucial to the SB run. Eli getting hot was equal to the players in that draft as far as impact is concerned. That might be the best immediate result draft as a whole in the history of the NFL.