+ Reply to Thread

Blessing in disguise IF Nicks is back 100% mid August before the opener?

Randle will undoubtedly get a TON of work in with Eli as will Jernigan and Barden.

Too early to expect an even bigger role from Randle now that he'll be getting extensive 1 on 1 time with Eli?

Of course it sucks because of the uncertainty of timetable for the injury.. they say 12 weeks.

Mid August hopefully worst case late August.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Blessing in disguise IF Nicks is back 100% mid August before the opener?

Just posted the same exact wording a whilebago. I too think this could be a blessing in disguise. We dont know much about three or so wrs. Now we can get more time to focus and investigate these guys. Plus, all the added reps will do a lot for their play.

The injury sucks, but there could be some positives to come from it

All-Pro

I hope everything works out but I don't see this as a blessing. Nicks is an elite WR in this league and although I am happy with the Randle pick and have been waiting to see what JJ has it will be hard to duplicate what Nicks brings to the field.

Being injured is never a good thing.

Veteran

I was thinking the same thing. Really good for Randle's development even though he is already "pro ready." Hopefully Barden can show something too. With Cruz here it unfortunately makes the Jernigan pick useless for now because they have a similar skillset.

i especially like that Randle will get more 1 on 1 attention!

that will obviously make him better increasing his chemistry with Eli and the offense!

Bench Player

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_920323.html

8/6 was the date that Prince had the injury, debuted November 20th against the eagles. So lets do some math here...

104 days from the surgery date (8/8 i'm pretty sure). So 104/7= 14.857142857142857~15 weeks. Now Prince was actually almost put on the roster for the game the week previous, but knowing that he wasn't adept with the terminology and defense he was not. So there is a case that the rehab would actually be 14 weeks.

The opener on september 5th will be a total of 110 days (~16 weeks) from today (Hakeem's surgery date). So I am not saying that Hakeem will be back, but given previous players with this injury, he will be able to play around that time. Also, there is a possibility that Hakeem could be back even earlier because of that 1 week that Prince wasn't put in the lineup but almost was, and also because he might get better blood supply to the area.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...amara_suf.html

Beatty had a similar injury but he was only out for 2 months.

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Randle will undoubtedly get a TON of work in with Eli as will Jernigan and Barden.

Too early to expect an even bigger role from Randle now that he'll be getting extensive 1 on 1 time with Eli?

Of course it sucks because of the uncertainty of timetable for the injury.. they say 12 weeks.

Mid August hopefully worst case late August.
    [/quote]This also saves him from the dreaded season ending ACL tear
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I agree that it could be a blessing, but I really want this team to get off to a hot start and I don't want anything screwing that up, so I'm upset about the Nicks injury.

Plus, I think that many of the 2nd-tier WR's would have gotten plenty of time to fight it out in training camp, regardless.

I have a horrible feeling that we haven't seen the last of major injuries to the WR corp before the start of the season.

[quote user="JJC7301"]I agree that it could be a blessing, but I really want this team to get off to a hot start and I don't want anything screwing that up, so I'm upset about the Nicks injury.

Plus, I think that many of the 2nd-tier WR's would have gotten plenty of time to fight it out in training camp, regardless.

I have a horrible feeling that we haven't seen the last of major injuries to the WR corp before the start of the season.[/quote]

Giggles?

I just want to finish strong again. Too often I see Super Bowl winners translate late season heroics into incredible starts the following year.

It just seems to lead to an early peak, with a bad meltdown.

2007 Colts, 2008 Giants, 2010 Saints, 2011 Packers.