+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My current 53-man roster + practice squad with regards to recent injuries

QB (2):
    -10 Eli Manning
    -8 David Carr

HB (4):
    -44 Ahmad Bradshaw
    -33 Da'Rel Scott (Currently predict above Wilson, subject to change based on development of both backs re:fumbling)
    -34 David Wilson (Predict work as KR due to ability to shed tackles)
    -38 Joe Martinek

FB (2):
    -45 Henry Hynoski
    -86 Bear Pascoe (backup TE)

WR (7):
    -88 Hakeem Nicks (Predict full recovery by week 1)
    -80 Victor Cruz
    -12 Jerrel Jernigan
    -82 Rueben Randle (may surpass Jernigan by week 1)
    -87 Domenik Hixon (PR, also KR if Wilson is not)
    -15 Dan DePalma
    -18 Isaiah Stanback

TE (3):
    -89 Martellus Bennett
    -81 Adrien Robinson
    -84 Christian Hopkins

C (1):
    -64 David Baas

OG (4):
    -76 Chris Snee
    -77 Kevin Boothe (backup C)
    -62 Mitch Petrus
    -66 David Diehl (OG/OT)

OT (4):
    -65 Will Beatty
    -73 James Brewer
    -71 Matthew McCants
    -67 Brandon Mosley

(Total Offense: 27)

===

DT (3):
    -99 Chris Canty
    -96 Marvin Austin
    -97 Linval Joseph

DE (4):
    -90 Jason Pierre-Paul
    -91 Justin Tuck
    -72 Osi Umenyiora
    -94 Mathias Kiwanuka (backup OLB)

MLB (3):
    -93 Chase Blackburn
    -58 Mark Herzlich (backup OLB)
    -53 Greg Jones

OLB (4):
    -59 Michael Boley
    -55 Keith Rivers
    -57 Jacquian Williams
    -49 Spencer Paysinger

CB (5):
    -23 Corey Webster
    -20 Prince Amukamara
    -24 Terrell Thomas
    -36 Jayron Hosley
    -30 Justin Tryon

SS (2):
    -21 Kenny Phillips
    -39 Tyler Sash

FS (2):
    -26 Antrel Rolle
    -48 Janzen Jackson

(Total Defense: 23)

Special Teams (3):
    -51 Zak DeOssie LS
    - 9 Lawrence Tynes K
    - 5 Steve Weatherford P

On IR List:
    85 Jake Ballard TE
    47 Travis Beckum TE (may be released)
    29 Brian Witherspoon CB
    22 Antwaun Molden CB (may be released)

Practice Squad (8):
    17 Ryan Perrilloux QB
    3 Julian Talley WR
    35 Andre Brown HB (pending appeal of suspension, if upheld, DJ Ware gets his spot)
    83 Ryan Purvis TE
    69 Justin Trattou DE
    78 Markus Kuhn DT
    52 Clint Sintim OLB
    31 Brandon Bing CB

I predict Nicks will be ready to go at the start of the season (or even pre-season), nevertheless, I have put 7 WRs on the team to ensure sufficient depth. If Nicks is clearly at 100%, DePalma or Stanback may be cut from the team.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Re: My current 53-man roster + practice squad with regards to recent injuries

I havent been tracking, has Terrell T made a full recovery and ready?
    Man I hope so!

Bench Player

Solid53, a couple changes...

I would drop C Hopkins from the TE and add Shaun Rodgers orKuhn to the DT spot. (put Hopkins on the PS and drop Purvis)

I dontthink Sintim is eligible for the practice squad. I would put McCants in that PS spot and add Sean Locklear to53.Locklear has to be able to beat outthe tuba player from UAB(or he should retire).

We usually keep 7 WRs, not sure if DePalma and Stanback beat out Barden, but I wouldnt be shocked if they did.

Sean Rogers is gonna make this team in the DT rotation for sure. I wouldnt be suprised if Kuhn made it too. We dont know what were going to get from Austin.

Also, Barden would def make it over stanback/depalma

[quote user="uhhuhyup22"]

Solid*53, a couple changes...

I would drop C Hopkins from the TE and add Shaun Rodgers or*Kuhn to the DT spot.** (put Hopkins on the PS and drop Purvis)

I dont*think Sintim is eligible for the practice squad.* I would put McCants in that PS spot and add Sean Locklear to*53.**Locklear has to be able to beat out*the tuba player from UAB*(or he should retire).**

We usually keep 7 WRs, not sure if DePalma and Stanback beat out Barden, but I wouldnt be shocked if they did.*

[/quote]

All solid changes. I seriously have my doubts about Barden though. He has had multiple seasons to prove himself and has not panned out. JJ has only had one season (with no preseason, no less), and DePalma and Stanback are rookies. I'm all for putting a raw and unproven in the depth over a guy that is essentially a bust (no matter how tall he is).

Same thing with DJ Ware. I predict both people get cut, or, at best, are PS (if eligible). I know people are saying how much the team would miss his pass blocking since Jacobs is gone, but that's part of why I included Pascoe primarily as a FB and added Hopkins as a TE. He might even line up as a HB on some obvious passing downs to help with picking up blitzes and the like. At least, that's my bold prediction there...

Sorry I missed that detail about sintim. That change makes sense.

Barring injuries Stanback and Hopkins have no chance of making the roster. Locklear and Rogers in their place. Mosley or McCants to the practice squad. Sintim is going to get cut.

[quote user="hugehomer"]Barring injuries Stanback and Hopkins have no
    chance of making the roster. Locklear and Rogers in their place. Mosley
    or McCants to the practice squad. Sintim is going to get cut.
    [/quote]

I mentioned that I agreed with the reply that moves Hopkins and one of
    McCants/Mosely down to PS, cutting Sintim, and promoting Locklear and
    either of Rogers/Kuhn to the roster.

However, either Stanback or Talley will make the roster (other on PS) because there is no chance in hell for Barden to be coming back. He had his chances over the past few seasons and has failed to take advantage of any of those (contrast Victor Cruz). Jernigan is a 2nd year (with his first full offseason), and DePalma, Stanback, and Talley are rookies. I'd rather give them their chances than a guy that has been offered chances and done nothing...

shaun rodgers will make the squad bruh.

Opposing wideouts

D.ont
    R.ecieve
    C.atches

Kiwi will be the starting OLB, playing some DE on passing downs. So that will open up an additional DE spot for maybe Broha or Trattou.
    I dont agree with eveyone thinks Rogers is a sure thing to make it. Yes, once upon a time he was a great player but he is now way past his prime. he's 33 yrs old and weighs 350 lbs. Will be interesting to see how much he has left.

We wont keep a dedicated player at backup FB.

If it is Pascoe he will be a TE who is also a backup FB and if it is Martinek he will be a RB/ backup FB.

I do not see us keeping 4 TEs(Pascoe is a TE 1st and a backup FB 2nd)