GIANTS CAN SURVIVE HAKEEM NICKS' INJURY

GIANTS CAN SURVIVE HAKEEM NICKS' INJURY

"Giants wide receiver
    Hakeem Nicks will undergo
    surgery to repair a broken bone in his
    foot
    . When asked if Nicks would be ready for the season opener, Giants coach
    Tom Coughlin told NFL Network: "It's going to be close."

This has predictably caused a whole lot of Giants fans to worry.

Randle, of course, is the man who will, more than anyone, be asked to step up
    to replace Nicks. And we're here to tell you that the Giants are in a good
    position to handle Nicks' injury. Here are a few reasons:

1. Randle was essentially drafted to replace Mario Manningham, but
    he's a perfect option as an outside receiver. Victor Cruz can also play
    the slot or outside. With Jerrel
    Jernigan
    , Domenik Hixon and Ramses Barden also around,
    the Giants have enviable depth.

2. It's May 24. This couldn't have been timed much better. Even if Nicks
    doesn't make it back for Week 1, he'll be around when it matters.

3. Eli Manning knows how to
    deal with injuries and offseason departures. He can handle playing without all
    his weapons. Nicks has missed six games in three years. And we don't need to
    remind you how well the Giants survived massive injuries on defense last
    year.

4. New York drafted David Wilson in the first round so they would have two
    dynamic running backs. The Giants can focus on the running game early if they
    need to."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS CAN SURVIVE HAKEEM NICKS' INJURY

I think this has it about right.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.

Plus i heard that nicks injury is actually a 4-6 week injury. I woulda thought it woulda been posted but some one associated with nicks and the giants said that it could be of the lesser status.

Even if its not, i said yesterday that this would be a blessing in disguise. I saw a bunch of people saying that later in the day. Its bc this will actually give us more time to look at barden, hixon, jj, and randle. More targets, more time getting coached, more attention. This will help the defelopment of jj and randle if nothing else. And we will have a competitive group that does have talent and potential up and down the depth at wr...

Nicks will be back, knock on wood, by week one. If not, i got a ton of faith eli can make do with the guys we will have

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.[/quote]

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax. Do you ever get tired of looking silly?

On another thread before this one came up, I said noooooooooooooo. If possible, he doesn't play in the first game until he is really ready. We don't want him to be like Smith.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.[/quote]

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax.* Do you ever get tired of looking silly?

[/quote]Who said sacks are laughable? he or she gots to be stupid.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax.* Do you ever get tired of looking silly?

[/quote]

I am "laughable"? The article is hilarious....."enviable depth"? If anything the author of the article comes off as silly......We have RAW guys that need development not PRO BOWL caliber gems waiting to be let loose onto the playing field. I will ease of the "sky is falling" mindset if you think you can put the pipe down.....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

I am "laughable"? The article is hilarious....."enviable depth"? If anything the author of the article comes off as silly......We have RAW guys that need development not PRO BOWL caliber gems waiting to be let loose onto the playing field. I will ease of the "sky is falling" mindset if you think you can put the pipe down.....[/quote]

The talent we have at wr, even the depth guys, is certainly enviable. Second and third rounders with a ton of upside. The bears would taken our depth wr and started them with a smile on their face pre getting marshall...

[quote user="Diamondring"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]Who said sacks are laughable? he or she gots to be stupid.[/quote]

Can't tell if joking...or just didn't read correctly :/
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!