+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Clutch Player in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...module=HP11_cp

Ha! Obviously Matt Light is gonna go for his homeboy Brady.

Eli might now have the stats or whatever for other categories, but he is definitely Mr. Clutch. Brady wasn't the one that won those Supberbowls, history will show it was their clutch kicker Vinateiri. After he left he went on to win another ring while the Patriots have yet to win anything.

Eli pretty much won those games for the Giants (although I guess Bradshaw's squat and pop wasn't Eli's doing, but he definitely set them up.) A-Vin hit some serious kicks in order for them to win.

It's definitely not just one player, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Eli is the most clutch quarterback in the league right now. Maybe Brady in his prime was, or even slightly before his prime, but he's not anymore. I think hitting his prime might've made Brady complacent.

Re: Most Clutch Player in the NFL

Adam Vinatieri Not only Won them 2 super bowls because of his late game winning field goals, but I believe in 01 he was also the reason they even made it to the super bowl.

I found it funny how he asked who is the most clutch RIGHT NOW and they say it's the guy who just lost the super bowl because he couldn't make a play when he needed to.

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I'll take Easy E over any QB when it counts!! His 4th quarter numbers are insane and imo the best come from behind qb in the league. How many other qb's can say they beat Brady and Bellichek TWICE in the SB? None!

Not only that, but look at the teams they beat. The GB Packers were definitely considered the best team in the league since the 07 Pats, and who beat them both in the playoffs?

Beyond that, Eli's performance against the 49ers this year was truly something Brady has NEVER done. Very few quarterbacks have ever given a performance as gutsy as that.

[quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"]Beyond that, Eli's performance against the 49ers this year was truly something Brady has NEVER done. Very few quarterbacks have ever given a performance as gutsy as that.
    [/quote]
    Agree there. That game was the Super Bowl for me - the actual SB was just a formality.
    That performance encapsulates what Eli's about.

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts"]Beyond that, Eli's performance against the 49ers this year was truly something Brady has NEVER done. Very few quarterbacks have ever given a performance as gutsy as that.
    [/quote]
    Agree there. That game was the Super Bowl for me - the actual SB was just a formality.
    That performance encapsulates what Eli's about.[/quote]

The sf game was the stuff legends are made from. Not the greatest stat performance, but the greatest guts/determination performance.

I agree with u guys, 4th quarter belongs to eli. Id take him if it was a clutch situation. Id take him for one play. Id take him for the reg. Season. Id take him for the postseason...i guess u could say id take eli over any qb no matter the situation
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Veteran

You're absolutely right. The NFC championship game was arguably the most impressive performance of Elis career...

Peyton, and Brady and every other QB in the league would've turned the ball over at least 4 times and lost that game... He dropped back over 60 times and was beaten to a pulp and managed to play a mistake free game... We beat the 9ers at their own game...

I even called into patriots radio before the superbowl and told them that Brady would've never been able to take that beating Eli took and win that game in any point of his career. Of course they disagreed on the Brady argument but they did admit although, Elis numbers weren't pretty, that was one of the best QB performances all year

A legacy game, for sure.
    It made me think back to Eli's 13/23 179 1TD/2INT-type performances of old. He's come a heck of a long way.

Honestly, going into the title game this year, I did have some significant doubts about being able to beat the 49ers. They're one of the few teams that has a pass rush equivalent to ours, and the Giants had already proven that top passing attacks can be disrupted by a top quality pass-rush. It was a pass rush that knocked the invincible 18-0 Brady off his game in 2008, it was the pass rush that neutralized the powerhouse Rodgers the previous week in Lambeau... certainly it could have the capacity to do the same to Eli.

And then it happened. And Eli got back up, seemingly unaffected in his play. And again. And again. And while I knew Eli was already a great QB, that's when i truly came to believe that Eli was one of the best QB's of our time. After a long and storied career, when the full career highlight reel is compiled on Eli, you can bet the 2012 NFCCG will be front and center.

All-in-all, I will take a QB with that kind of grit over flashy numbers any day...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Eli hands down
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***