+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS' CONFIDENCE IN RANDLE GROWING AT OTA'S

GIANTS' CONFIDENCE IN RANDLE GROWING AT OTA'S

"The Giants may need more early-season impact out of rookie receiver Rueben Randle than they initially
    anticipated, after top wideout Hakeem Nicks broke his right foot.

According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the Giants love what they’ve seen from
    Randle so far at OTAs.

“They thought he was the most NFL-ready receiver in the draft,” Mort reported
    onESPN 32. “What they’ve seen so far has justified that.”

With Nicks sidelined deep into August, Randle figures to open Giants training
    camp as a starter and receive first-team practice reps all the way through. The
    Giants need to be preparing Randle to begin the season as a starter, in the
    event of a Nicks setback.

At the very least, Randle is expected to be New York’s third receiver during
    the NFL opener against Dallas."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

Re: GIANTS' CONFIDENCE IN RANDLE GROWING AT OTA'S

this is a blessing in disguise. for him to get X receiver reps and consistently with eli will keep him ahead of the curve as a Z. making him more dangerous to abuse the second or third corner on any team, cause they also have to worry about cruz.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

So stoked. Been loving the pick, wanted him bc he has a great skill set and hearing how he should be ready week one is music to my ears...

If jr and etc were right about him being like nicks, i think i even saw a report where randle was called nicks clone, we may not even notice it if nicks cant go.

Then u figure with nicks, cruz, and randle all healthy and jj, hixon, barden, and maybe talley as depth, eli will have more than enough toys.

So stoked. The training staff better be focused on randle and try to ensure hes always loose so no fluke pulled muscle or injury happens

If he can be 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.
    I'm watching maybe the best Offensive talent we have had since I began watching the Gmen in '58, and it's killing me that our ofeensive line is below par. I hope I'm wrong, but the way they run blocked last year was maybe the worst I've seen in 35-40 years.

[quote user="zimonami"]If he can ber 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.
    I'm watching maybe the best Offensive talent we have had since I began watching the Gmen in '58, and it's killing me that our ofeensive line is below par. I hope I'm wrong, but the way they run blocked last year was maybe the worst I've seen in 35-40 years.[/quote]

Nicks and cruz alone are the bst WR tandem we ever had.. If we can turn randle into a stud all our little hearts will break BC we cant keep them all in 5 yrs.. Hopefully another Ring will make us all feel better

[quote user="zimonami"]If he can ber 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.
    I'm watching maybe the best Offensive talent we have had since I began watching the Gmen in '58, and it's killing me that our ofeensive line is below par. I hope I'm wrong, but the way they run blocked last year was maybe the worst I've seen in 35-40 years.[/quote]

Nicks and cruz alone are the bst WR tandem we ever had.. If we can turn randle into a stud all our little hearts will break BC we cant keep them all in 5 yrs.. Hopefully another Ring will make us all feel better

[quote user="zimonami"]If he can be 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.

If he is 90% of Nicks, Eli will throw for 6000 yards.

[quote user="rainierjef"]this is a blessing in disguise. for him to get X receiver reps and consistently with eli will keep him ahead of the curve as a Z. making him more dangerous to abuse the second or third corner on any team, cause they also have to worry about cruz.
    [/quote]

^this!

i think the extra reps with Eli will prove invaluable later in the season!

this guy could be a beast!

All-Pro

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="zimonami"]If he can be 90% of Nicks, I'll be happy.

If he is 90% of Nicks, Eli will throw for 6000 yards.[/quote]Agree
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I keep hearing people calling Randle a Nicks clone but I'm not seeing it. Maybe speed and body wise there's some similarity but Nicks has a much better vertical than Randle and can go up and make tough catches...(which I haven't seem from Rueben) Also Randle catches a lot of balls with his body....Nicks is a hands catcher.

I like Randle as much as the next guy but....he's no Hakeem Nicks...at least from where I'm sitting. I really hope he surprises me though cause as of right now, I'm not too sure what kind of receiver he'll be yet.