+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our WR status.....

Is the sky falling? NO, but here are some things to consider with our WR depth chart:

Nicks - AWESOME player, but like one poster phrased it "he is made of tissue paper"

Cruz - can't wait for the second act to see how he follows up last years perfromance

RR - Rookie

JJ - Second year player, not much playing time last year, was kinda scary on KR, ok on PR

Barden - Drafted same year as Nicks, and what does he have to show for 4 years, 15rec, 174yds, NO TDs

Hixon - love him....but 2 ACL injuries in 2 years!?

My sincere hope is that Nicks injury is not serious and long lasting, that he heals quickly and fully. I also have theory that if Ballard can return, MAYBE one of our TEs can be used more as a WR, perhaps Bennett or Robinson?

Re: Our WR status.....

How is Nicks made of tissue paper? He hasn't missed too many games.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]How is Nicks made of tissue paper? He hasn't missed too many games.[/quote]

True he hasn't......but I don't think he has technically played a full season yet.....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Is the sky falling? NO, but here are some things to consider with our WR depth chart:

Nicks - AWESOME player, but like one poster phrased it "he is made of tissue paper"

Cruz - can't wait for the second act to see how he follows up last years perfromance

RR - Rookie

JJ - Second year player, not much playing time last year, was kinda scary on KR, ok on PR

Barden - Drafted same year as Nicks, and what does he have to show for 4 years, 15rec, 174yds, NO TDs

My sincere hope is that Nicks injury is not serious and long lasting, that he heals quickly and fully. I also have theory that if Ballard can return, MAYBE one of our TEs can be used more as a WR, perhaps Bennett or Robinson?[/quote]

JJ was terrible on punts too. I think he fumbled 3 times that one game. Not sure when it was. Just get him off of special teams and lets use him at WR. See what he can do.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Is the sky falling? NO, but here are some things to consider with our WR depth chart: Nicks - AWESOME player, but like one poster phrased it "he is made of tissue paper" Cruz - can't wait for the second act to see how he follows up last years perfromance RR - Rookie JJ - Second year player, not much playing time last year, was kinda scary on KR, ok on PR Barden - Drafted same year as Nicks, and what does he have to show for 4 years, 15rec, 174yds, NO TDs Hixon - love him....but 2 ACL injuries in 2 years!? My sincere hope is that Nicks injury is not serious and long lasting, that he heals quickly and fully. I also have theory that if Ballard can return, MAYBE one of our TEs can be used more as a WR, perhaps Bennett or Robinson?[/quote] I think someone will make a impact outta JJ, Barden, Hixon, Randle, or possibly UDF Talley... I am putting my money on Jerrnigan, but we shall see.... Jerrnigan came from a smaller confrence, and that could of been a reason the NFL kinda caught em off guard, as far as how he looked anyways, becasue the jump in COMP is probably something that takes a bit to get used to.. Jerrnigan is very slippery and fast , and can lineup all over the field, which is something i think we'll take advantage of..

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Nicks - AWESOME player, but like one poster phrased it "he is made of tissue paper"[/quote]

He's missed 6 games out of 52 (2 in 2009, 3 in 2010, 1 in 2011). Tissue paper, really?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I guess Reese's history of getting players who can step up is lost on the OP......and Nicks being made of 'tissue paper' is asinine.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Is the sky falling? NO, but here are some things to consider with our WR depth chart: Nicks - AWESOME player, but like one poster phrased it "he is made of tissue paper" Cruz - can't wait for the second act to see how he follows up last years perfromance RR - Rookie JJ - Second year player, not much playing time last year, was kinda scary on KR, ok on PR Barden - Drafted same year as Nicks, and what does he have to show for 4 years, 15rec, 174yds, NO TDs Hixon - love him....but 2 ACL injuries in 2 years!? My sincere hope is that Nicks injury is not serious and long lasting, that he heals quickly and fully. I also have theory that if Ballard can return, MAYBE one of our TEs can be used more as a WR, perhaps Bennett or Robinson?[/quote]

imo Nicks injury issues are comparable withmost wideouts in the league. hes missed something like6 or7games in his career! thats not bad.

we also prolly caught a break with this recent foot injurycuz it happened in otas so he may be ready for the season.

Cruz should continue to excel from the slot! he can make unbelieveable plays from there!

i think we will get good production from RR and JJ with Barden again bringing up the rear. Barden may not make the final roster!

Robinson may end up being a nightmare for lbs and safties. i take the comparison to the offensive "JPP" serious!

all in all i think the offenserates in the top 5 of the league much to the success of our receiving core!

Veteran

The problem with hakeem
    Nicks is every time he catches the ball he allows a defender, who is usually paid handsomely, to hit him. I've never understood why he doesnt just hit the ab button and spin /kick flip over defenders or put on a magical cloak of invisibility or just reason with would be giant men who are paid to hit him- he has had the chutzpah to miss 6 games out of 52 / he managed
    To catch a mere 28 balls and 4tds in the playoff run- a feat I have managed in two games alone on madden 2010-all
    This reminds me that hakeem is made of tissue paper - soft as they come- excuse me I have to step outside to bash my head in.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Is the sky falling? NO, but here are some things to consider with our WR depth chart:

RR - Rookie

My sincere hope is that Nicks injury is not serious and long lasting, that he heals quickly and fully. I also have theory that if Ballard can return, MAYBE one of our TEs can be used more as a WR, perhaps Bennett or Robinson?[/quote]

Tissue paper?

He played in 15 games last year, 13 games in 2010, and 14 games in 2009 which was the year he was drafted.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1