+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince

Prince

I got a little worried after watching this, he looked lost on so many plays, I know that rookie DBS get smoked a lot but after all the hype, I expected more. Even on the pick, he got toasted but then made a nice move on a under thrown ball. Hopefully a full training camp plus all the tape of him getting smoked helps him become a better player next year. He's def a solid tackler which is a huge plus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJreP...e_gdata_player

Re: Prince

Prince got better as the season progressed. He played solid ball in the playoffs and SB. I remember Buck highlighting the fact that Prince was in the game, and that we should look for Aaron Rodgers to exploit him. Yet we all saw Aaron look Prince's way, and he found NOTHING.

Prince will be fine.

Injuries are real hard to come by and a lot of players had trouble without preseason. They also said Prince is too intellegent and that can be bad. I think they put that as a problem because he may think he knows more than what the play and do somthing else and knowing too much can make him think too much.

[quote user="Pop it Ahmad"]Prince got better as the season progressed. He played solid ball in the playoffs and SB. I remember Buck highlighting the fact that Prince was in the game, and that we should look for Aaron Rodgers to exploit him. Yet we all saw Aaron look Prince's way, and he found NOTHING.

Prince will be fine.
    [/quote]

Have to agree, he really stepped it up in the playoffs and did well against some very good O's. I think he will be healthier and wiser, which should make for a very strong showing this year. Will be fun to watch!

CB is the 2nd hardest position to adjust to in the NFL coming out of college. It's the hardest on defense.

I won't have any final assessment of Prince until his 3rd season but I certainly hope he keeps progressing.

Last year he was obviously unfortunate enough to not play most of the season but he still got some playing experience on the hardest possible stage.

I'm really looking forward to the competition at CB this year with Webster, T2, Prince, and Hosley.

He missed all of camp, all of preseason, etc.. and got thrown in at about week 10 when the stretch got important. He performed very well in the playoffs. People were ready to throw him under the bus after his first start. This offseason will be great for his progression and next year will be his breakout year.

Starter

How does everyone forget how awful Cweb was for his first 2 years. Prince will be fine. He just needs time to develope

[quote user="Pop it Ahmad"]Prince got better as the season progressed. He played solid ball in the playoffs and SB. I remember Buck highlighting the fact that Prince was in the game, and that we should look for Aaron Rodgers to exploit him. Yet we all saw Aaron look Prince's way, and he found NOTHING.

Prince will be fine.
    [/quote]I am not worried at all about the kid. In fact, I expect a solid move to the upside by him this year with a full training camp building on his experience from last year.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Prince will be fine.
    [/quote]

Not enough people on these boards acknowledge this. He beasted in playoffs once he got fully healthy and had played some games. Shut down Julio Jones and Jordy Nelson when Ross went out with injury in both games. Rodgers wanted to go that way and he absolutely could not, helping us get pressure and sacks. He will be ready to start on the outside, I will be disappointed if Thomas gets more snaps on the outside than in the slot. It's better suited for him even before injury, and even more so after.

Prince was considered a top 10 talent for a reason. You don't play that talent in the slot and give a guy with two torn ACL's and was already getting burned pretty often more snaps. Sorry to T2 fans, I'm just one of the people who found him to be a bit overrated. I'd love his ability in the slot as a blitzer sure tackler and ball hawk but I just don't have a lot of faith in him man to man on the outside.

Veteran

I agree with your assesment on Prince and T2. Prince will be the real deal tho. Be patient.