+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day

Memorial Day

These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll

Re: Memorial Day

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]God bless all Servicemen everywhere
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]Humbly and thankfully +1
    No one remembers who came in second.

God bless all those that keep us safe! You are not forgotten
    Andre the Giant

A toast to our fallen Commrads, here! here! May their sacrafices never be forgotten!

Veteran

God bless America!

I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who servedbefore me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B]
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

[quote user="FIFTY6G-MAN"]I am 5 months from finally retiring from the US Navy and I can truely say that I am proud of those who have served with me and especially of the ones who served*before me! Job well done! They really knew the meaning of "ALL IN".[B][/quote]
    Thank YOU buddy
    And to all the servicemen/women stationed across the world, thank you for everything you do.
    God Bless America

[quote user="FiremanBob"]These heroes are dead. They died for liberty - they died for us. They are at rest. They sleep in the land they made free, under the flag they rendered stainless, under the solemn pines, the sad hemlocks, the tearful willows, and the embracing vines. They sleep beneath the shadows of the clouds, careless alike of sunshine or of storm, each in the windowless Place of Rest. Earth may run red with other wars - they are at peace. In the midst of battle, in the roar of conflict, they found the serenity of death. I have one sentiment for soldiers living and dead: cheers for the living; tears for the dead. ~Robert G. Ingersoll[/quote]AMEN! They gave their lives so other may live. We will not forget them.

Thank you and to all that have served us in one way or another to preserve our way of life, and freedom.