+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Owens

Terrell Owens

Let me just say something about Terrell Owens here. I was watching those dopes on Mike and Mike and they were talking about T.O.'s chances of being a first ballot Hall of Famer. Fat Mike talked about T.O.'s "off the field" problems as being a problem.</P>

Yes he was irritating. yes he was annoying. Yes he was a "me" guy. But T.O. didn't have a single "off the field" problem that I can remember. I can't remember once his getting arrested, hitting a women, having drug problems, having a DUI...etc....</P>

No one in their right mind would suggest that he isn't a good enough football player to qualify.</P>

From what I can see he has always been a solid citizen. A guy who never got into trouble.</P>

Isn't he the kind of guy the NFL should hold up as a good example off the field?</P>

Yes he's annoying. But if that it the criteria for being exempted from the Hall, they need to re-examine thier standards.</P>

And as the President of the 'Annoying and Obnoxios Club of America', I would personally have a problem with it.</P>

T.O.: Great player, annoying but seemingly good guy.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Terrell Owens

By off field, I believe he was referring to locker room.

Various sports hall of fames have racists, deadbeat dads, and felons. I have no problem with Owens getting in. He has the numbers that tower wr's that are already in. Pete Rose and Barry Bonds should both be in MLB's hall of fame as well.
    Close or you hit the bricks

[quote user="sharick88"]Various sports hall of fames have racists, deadbeat dads, and felons. I have no problem with Owens getting in. He has the numbers that tower wr's that are already in. Pete Rose and Barry Bonds should both be in MLB's hall of fame as well.[/quote]

Bonds and Rose's respective cases are not really the same as T.O.'s though. Let's face it...Bonds cheated, and Pete Rose blatantly broke the rules, then subsequently lied about it for YEARS before finally coming clean. As far as I can tell, T.O. has always been on the straight and narrow, so it's not even a debate for me...he's a HOFer easy. I know what you're trying to say though...petty bias can play a role in the exclusion or certain players...just ask Bill Parcells. Hopefully that isn't the case for Owens when his number is called.

[quote user="ru_gmen55"][quote user="sharick88"]Various sports hall of fames have racists, deadbeat dads, and felons. I have no problem with Owens getting in. He has the numbers that tower wr's that are already in. Pete Rose and Barry Bonds should both be in MLB's hall of fame as well.[/quote]

Bonds and Rose's respective cases are not really the same as T.O.'s though. Let's face it...Bonds cheated, and Pete Rose blatantly broke the rules, then subsequently lied about it for YEARS before finally coming clean. As far as I can tell, T.O. has always been on the straight and narrow, so it's not even a debate for me...he's a HOFer easy. I know what you're trying to say though...petty bias can play a role in the exclusion or certain players...just ask Bill Parcells. Hopefully that isn't the case for Owens when his number is called.[/quote]

I know. I was just saying that I am pretty open minded about the hall of fame in general. I can see collusion in Owens' future when it comes to his hall of fame chances. I was pretty happy when Dennis Rodman got his name called. The NBA got that one right. The NFL better get this one right about TwO
    Close or you hit the bricks

As much as I disliked T.O., I've heard he is actually a nice guy off the field who takes care of his fans. Sure, he might be a diva, but he was a great WR for the 49ers and Eagles (and sort of the Cowboys).

BTW, I always loved Rodman.

Man, I was so sad to see TO get kicked off the IFL team. I just moved back to Allen, and was looking forward to seeing what the old man could do.

Totally agree with Moorehead State. Guy was a competitor, came to play every sunday, and put every ounce of emotion into his job. That same emotion that made him such a headcase also made him such an outstanding WR. Until some report comes out with a list of felonies, he deserves to be 1st ballot.

[quote user="sharick88"][quote user="ru_gmen55"][quote user="sharick88"]Various sports hall of fames have racists, deadbeat dads, and felons. I have no problem with Owens getting in. He has the numbers that tower wr's that are already in. Pete Rose and Barry Bonds should both be in MLB's hall of fame as well.[/quote]

Bonds and Rose's respective cases are not really the same as T.O.'s though. Let's face it...Bonds cheated, and Pete Rose blatantly broke the rules, then subsequently lied about it for YEARS before finally coming clean. As far as I can tell, T.O. has always been on the straight and narrow, so it's not even a debate for me...he's a HOFer easy. I know what you're trying to say though...petty bias can play a role in the exclusion or certain players...just ask Bill Parcells. Hopefully that isn't the case for Owens when his number is called.[/quote]

I know. I was just saying that I am pretty open minded about the hall of fame in general. I can see collusion in Owens' future when it comes to his hall of fame chances. I was pretty happy when Dennis Rodman got his name called. The NBA got that one right. The NFL better get this one right about TwO[/quote]

Yeah I hear ya...the HOF should be the best players to take the field. Ty Cobb was considered one of the worst human beings of to ever live, and he's in...haha.

[quote user="ru_gmen55"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="ru_gmen55"][quote user="sharick88"]Various sports hall of fames have racists, deadbeat dads, and felons. I have no problem with Owens getting in. He has the numbers that tower wr's that are already in. Pete Rose and Barry Bonds should both be in MLB's hall of fame as well.[/quote]

I know. I was just saying that I am pretty open minded about the hall of fame in general. I can see collusion in Owens' future when it comes to his hall of fame chances. I was pretty happy when Dennis Rodman got his name called. The NBA got that one right. The NFL better get this one right about TwO[/quote]

Yeah I hear ya...the HOF should be the best players to take the field. Ty Cobb was considered one of the worst human beings of to ever live, and he's in...haha.[/quote]

Everybody hated him. I read a biography on him and I was shocked. His teammates didn't even want him on the team because he was such a jerk.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Let me just say something about Terrell Owens here.* I was watching those dopes on Mike and Mike and they were talking about T.O.'s chances of being a first ballot Hall of Famer.* Fat Mike talked about T.O.'s "off the field" problems as being a problem.</P>

Yes he was irritating.* yes he was annoying.* Yes he was a "me" guy.* But T.O. didn't have a single "off the field" problem that I can remember.* I can't remember once his getting arrested, hitting a women, having drug problems, having a DUI...etc....</P>

No one in their right mind would suggest that he isn't a good enough football player to qualify.</P>

From what I can see he has always been a solid citizen.* A guy who never got into trouble.</P>

Isn't he the kind of guy the NFL should hold up as a good example off the field?</P>

Yes he's annoying.* But if that it the criteria for being exempted from the Hall, they need to re-examine thier standards.</P>

And as the President of the 'Annoying and Obnoxios Club of America', I would personally have a problem with it.</P>

T.O.:* Great player, annoying but seemingly good guy.</P>[/quote]

Yeah, he'd probably be in the Hall on first ballot--if it weren't for Garcia, McNabb, Romo, whoever-was-the-QB-for Buffalo-when he was there, and for Palmer. Just ask Owens. They all hurt his career by just not throwing to him enough. Just think of what his stats could have been.