+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thomas doesnt look too good

This is only judging from the 4-5 seconds in the OTA clip.... It looks like he is still playing soft on the knee. He doesnt look comfortable changing direction and when he jumped he landed with all his weight on his good knee.
    I suffered from an ACL tear in winter 2009 and it still bothers me today when i play flag with my friends. I also didnt receive world class rehab so i hope Thomas can get back to form quickly.....as of right now he looks like he has a LONG way to go.

Re: Thomas doesnt look too good

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]This is only judging from the 4-5 seconds in the OTA clip.... It looks like he is still playing soft on the knee. He doesnt look comfortable changing direction and when he jumped he landed with all his weight on his good knee. I suffered from an ACL tear in winter 2009 and it still bothers me today when i play flag with my friends. I also didnt receive world class rehab so i hope Thomas can get back to form quickly.....as of right now he looks like he has a LONG way to go.[/quote]

That's not promising....ugh
    However, it's early, and like you set, short clip from OTAs.
    That being said, I hope they dont overwork him. KEEP THESE DUDES FRESH!!

Oderint Dum Metuant

It could also be almost healthy, but he has to improve his confidence in his ability to use it.

Sometimes even after body parts heal you still nurse them because you are so conditioned to doing that.

Half of the battle is mental, luckily Thomas has always come off as a physical player on Sunday, so I think he can turn it on.

Veteran

Thomas hasn't even been given the ok to go full yet, because he's wearing a brace on that knee. I'm sure the brace is restricting him. How many CB's have you ever seen wear a knee brace?

Besides how can you make an evaluation with a 4-5 sec clip? It was one rep of one drill and it wasn't even full speed.

All-Pro

The biggest issue with coming back from an ACL or any leg, ankle injury is not favoring it so much you injure the other.

[quote user="DVision"]Thomas hasn't even been given the ok to go full yet, because he's wearing a brace on that knee. I'm sure the brace is restricting him. How many CB's have you ever seen wear a knee brace?

Besides how can you make an evaluation with a 4-5 sec clip? It was one rep of one drill and it wasn't even full speed.[/quote]
    Never seen a DB wear a brace in-game. I can evaluate from the only video accessible to me. Obviously the clip was short, i stated that, and from the video its clear to see the drill wasnt full speed.
    Thanks for explaining whats already understood.

Speaking from experience, YES, its all mental from here. Im sure then knee is healing nicely but its about Thomas trusting that knee. Right now I doesn't seem like he has much confidence in the knee enough to trust it in drills. There's a reason why coaches still have him on a limited basis.

Hixon got hurt after Thomas and he's out there running routes and making cuts at full-speed.

This is voluntary OTA's. He will be fine. I would be worried if he looks like that come training camp.

[quote user="VegasGmen"]This is voluntary OTA's. He will be fine. I would be worried if he looks like that come training camp.[/quote]
    I agree...but its a little to close to camp for him not to be full speed out there like Hixon.