+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS HOPE MARVIN AUSTIN IS READY TO CONTRIBUTE

GIANTS HOPE MARVIN AUSTIN IS READY TO CONTRIBUTE

"New York Giants defensive tackle Marvin Austin has not exactly had it easy
    in the football world the past couple of years. He was suspended his senior
    year at North Carolina after being
    found guilty by the NCAA of receiving improper benefits. That scared many teams
    away from Austin who was considered to possess top-10 pick potential. However,
    the Giants took a flyer on him in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft in the hopes of getting the
    player from his junior year at North Carolina. However, Austin suffered a torn
    pectoral muscle in a preseason game against the Chicago Bears that ended his season
    before it began.

Now, Austin is fully recovered and looking
    to make an impression on the team that took a chance on him. Austin will be
    asked to contribute this season. The New York Giants defensive tackle depth
    consists of Austin, Chris Canty,
    Shaun Rogers, Linval Joseph, second year players Dwayne Hendricks, and Martin Parker, and rookie Markus Kuhn. The inside of the defensive line
    consists of three solid players and several unknowns and Austin who has the
    ability to be the best of the group. Head coach Tom Coughlin and defensive coordinator Perry Fewell are hoping that Austin has
    learned enough of the defense to become a steady member of the rotation on the
    inside with Canty, Rogers, and Joseph.

Austin’s potential is why the Giants
    drafted him. It isn’t often that someone with his ability drops to the second
    round. However, it will be up to Austin to show the Giants coaching staff that
    he can not only be a reliable member of a defensive tackle rotation but that he
    can be the star that everyone envisions. Coming back after two years away from
    football is not easy. Austin will surely be rusty and will take some time to
    get into playing shape, even with training camp and OTA’s.

Austin is big, 6-2, 309 pounds, strong (38
    reps in the bench press), and fast (4.84 40-yard dash at the combine). He has
    all the physical tools a coach looks for in a defensive tackle. He has violent
    hands that keep offensive linemen off balance and a quickness that can put him
    into an opponent’s backfield in a flash. To put it simply, Marvin Austin has
    the ability to become an elite defensive tackle. He just needs to stay healthy
    and turn potential into reality. Starting this July he will finally get his
    chance to prove it."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS HOPE MARVIN AUSTIN IS READY TO CONTRIBUTE

"He has violent hands"

Gotta luv me some "violent hands"

All-Pro

If he can live up to his potential this year this defense could be very good. They already do a goo job of getting pressure from their ends. This guy could cause all kinds of trouble up the middle.

We have so much potential on our defensive line, if only everyone could stay healthy!

[quote user="ShakeNBake"]We have so much potential on our defensive line, if only everyone could stay healthy!
    [/quote]

Great depth potential
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="ShakeNBake"]We have so much potential on our defensive line, if only everyone could stay healthy!
    [/quote]

Great depth potential
    [/quote]

Yes we have so much depth, it would just be nice to see everyone healthy at the same time for once

Not sure if you guys got a chance to see Marvin in college, but the kid is a beast. I've been saying for months, Marvin is going to be the surprise player for us this year. He's a stud.

Marvin/Hixon- bust out players this year.

[quote user="T.Rice57"]Not sure if you guys got a chance to see Marvin in college, but the kid is a beast. I've been saying for months, Marvin is going to be the surprise player for us this year. He's a stud.

[/quote]

I'll raise a glass to that [B]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="T.Rice57"]Not sure if you guys got a chance to see Marvin in college, but the kid is a beast. I've been saying for months, Marvin is going to be the surprise player for us this year. He's a stud.

[/quote]

I'll raise a glass to that [B]
    [/quote]

I'm an NC State fan born and raised. I had to watch him, and Nicks, do work against the ACC. He's good.

Veteran

I'm not counting on this dude at all. I'm off the Austin wagon.