+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mart B tipping the scales

anyone see the Q and A from OTA's with Mike Pope?

Q: How is Martellus coming along?
    A: ...... He weighed in at 291 pounds last week. So I think that is probably a little too big for his legs to carry. We run a lot more than he might have been accustomed to. Plus we are in the middle of a weight program and the combination of those two things has caused him, especially, to have some problems with his hamstrings. He canít afford to miss time, either. Because he needs every possible rep he can take.

So...291lbs is a pretty big TE.....

For dallas he played at and around 260-270...it is only May but Marty has some weight to drop

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...b-7bab72fab815

Re: Mart B tipping the scales

How do you allow yourself to gains so much weight months after signing a new deal?

[quote user="drbones"]For dallas he played at and around 260-270...it is only May but Marty has some weight to drop[/quote]

where did you read that? I would expect he was playing on dallas at 280+

All-Pro

Depending on what his diet has been he could lose a bunch of weight in just a few weeks especially in the warmer weather.

Veteran

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]How do you allow yourself to gains so much weight months after signing a new deal?[/quote]

It probably involves eating alot.

I would say his playing weight is 275 lbs. He can lose it before the season starts for sure, but I figured with an opportunity to be a starter, he would be taking better care of himself.

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="FroZeNx31x"]How do you allow yourself to gains so much weight months after signing a new deal?[/quote]

It probably involves eating alot.[/quote]
    genius!

He'll be ready to go. When you way 290 pounds, losing 15-20 pounds should take 2-3 weeks.

Just goes to show his mentality coming into camp , i hope EVERY Dallas fan isnt right with all the negatives they have for him

For as much criticism as the giants conditioning program has received in recent years, very interesting to see the players that has had hamstring issues this year (molden, bennett) were free agents signed by the giants, having nothing to do with the giants offseason conditioning regime