+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys player says "...we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

Bench Player

Cowboys player says "...we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

DeMarco Murray: Super Bowl in Cowboys'
    By Dan Hanzus
    Writer

Jerry Jones acknowledged last week he felt the window is closing both on him and this current version of the Dallas Cowboys.

Since the 69-year-old owner made his comments, "window" talk has been a recurring theme in Big D. Running back DeMarco Murray is part of a younger guard, and he says the collection of youth and veterans on the roster puts the Cowboys in position to reach a goal they haven't since 1996: the Super Bowl.

"I think we have a great group of guys," Murray told ESPN Radio in Dallas on Wednesday. "But at the same time, we definitely feel that this year is going to be a great year for us, and we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

Preseason chatter linking the Cowboys to the Super Bowl is as predictable as a summer heat wave in Arlington, but Murray correctly asserts that this Cowboys roster has talent with plenty of gas still in the tank.

"We have a great group of young guys and we also have a great group of vets who I think they're still playing like they're 25, 26, 27 years old," he said. "Look at (Jason) Witten, I'm around that guy every day and he's one of the hardest working guys. He's out there beating me in agility drills, I'm trying my hardest over and over to beat him and I can't..."

Murray himself will be a major factor in Dallas' push to get over the hump this season. He was a borderline sensation in his rookie season before a broken ankle shut him down in Week 14. He sounded encouraged that he won't have to worry about the injury going forward.

"Feels great. I've been doing stuff for the last couple months without any limitations and I'm feeling great," he said. "Just trying to get back in the groove of things."

Re: Cowboys player says "...we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

What do you expect him to say?

Starter

Re: Cowboys player says "...we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

I think Murray is going to struggle this year.

[quote user="Drez"]What do you expect him to say?
    [/quote]

Exactly. Every player and every team thinks that they are going to the super bowl right now. I don't agree with what he is saying, but I personally have no problem with it at all
    Close or you hit the bricks

Not surprise by any player saying and more if he is a cowturds but in the end it all comes down to can you talk the talk and walk the walk, I don't see any players in the Cowboys roster proving me otherwise.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

That's what Rex Ryan and co. said the past 2 years.

I have no problem with it, but I laugh.

A lot of "guarantees" are being made lately.

It's funny how you don't hear this from other teams - like the Patriots and Giants for example

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]That's what Rex Ryan and co. said the past 2 years.

It's funny how you don't hear this from other teams - like the Patriots and Giants for example[/quote]

Didn't your first rounder say something like this?

Anyway, most of you hit in on the head already... what else is he going to say?

Jerry Jones was right-- the window is closing in a way (if it was ever open). But because he had to open his big mouth, every Cowboys player on the roster is being asked this same question. How would you respond?

The Cowboys have a pretty good mix of very talented, young and enthusiastic in some areas, and experienced and bitter in others. But I still don't think that we win it all this year.

Now 2013? I think that will be our best shot.

[quote user="JPP"]I think Murray is going to struggle this year.[/quote]

Without Fiametta, perhaps. But Lawrence Vickers helped pave the way for 2 1000 yard backs last year and by all accounts should be better than Fiametta.

But there was something to be said about the chemistry between Fiametta and Murray, so we'll see.

But as far as a talent perspective, I don't think so. Murray was one of the better backs in the league last year once he was able to start, and is a more gifted physically than many give him credit for.

Starter

I felt the opposite he was being overrated but I guess that is what the season is for, we shall soon find out or at least start finding out.

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]That's what Rex Ryan and co. said the past 2 years.

It's funny how you don't hear this from other teams - like the Patriots and Giants for example[/quote]

But, he isn't guaranteeing anything. He's saying he believes the Cowgirls are good enough to be in the SB this year. It's a far cry from what Fat Boy did.

+ Reply to Thread