+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cowboys player says "...we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I can't imagine why anyone would expect the Cowboy player to say anything different. What is he supposed to say -- that he doesn't see how they could possibly win the SB???[/quote]

The right answer: we're going to try to be competitive this year and try to win the division and make the playoffs (and there's no guarantees on that, only 12 out of 32 teams get in). Take it from there.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Re: Cowboys player says "...we don't see why we shouldn't be in the Super Bowl this year."

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="JPP"]I think Murray is going to struggle this year.[/quote]

Without Fiametta, perhaps. But Lawrence Vickers helped pave the way for 2 1000 yard backs last year and by all accounts should be better than Fiametta.

But there was something to be said about the chemistry between Fiametta and Murray, so we'll see.

But as far as a talent perspective, I don't think so. Murray was one of the better backs in the league last year once he was able to start, and is a more gifted physically than many give him credit for.
    [/quote]

Two 1,000 yard rushers? Where?[/quote]

You checkin mah facts brah?!

Haha. No for some reason I was under the impression that Ben Tate got
    over 1000 yards last year. He made it to 942 though, so not too far off. Foster
    rushed for 1200+.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I can't imagine why anyone would expect the Cowboy player to say anything different. What is he supposed to say -- that he doesn't see how they could possibly win the SB???[/quote]

The right answer: we're going to try to be competitive this year and try to win the division and make the playoffs (and there's no guarantees on that, only 12 out of 32 teams get in). Take it from there.
    [/quote]</P>

Eh, you're probably right. I am old school and hate all of the talking that players today do.</P>

That being said, this statement is not one that is ridiculous by toady's standards</P>