+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANTREL ROLLE SAYS "I TRULY DO BELIEVE" OSI DESERVES A NEW DEAL

ANTREL ROLLE SAYS "I TRULY DO BELIEVE" OSI DESERVES A NEW DEAL

"Another Giants precinct is reporting in and throwing his support to Osi
    Umenyiora.

Already, teammates Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka have made public
    declarations that they believe the Giants should ante up and pay Umenyiora, who
    is again locked in a contentious contract squabble with the team he’s helped
    gain two Super Bowl victories in the past four years. Now add safety Antrel
    Rolle into the “Pay Osi’’ camp.

“My concern with Osi is one thing and one thing only,’’ Rolle said Thursday
    on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I’m hoping that he comes back. We need him. We have a
    very, very good defensive line without Osi, without a doubt. But with Osi in
    that lineup we have an outstanding defensive line. That’s the difference. He’s a
    playmaker all the way around. He gives Eli Manning more opportunities to do what
    he does best, which is go out there and run an effective offense.

“Osi is a very, very critical and key part of our team and I’m just hoping
    that things work out. I truly do believe he deserves what he’s asking for but,
    you know, that’s not my decision to make and I don’t get involved in any of that
    talk. They have a great relationship. They have a great relationship no matter
    what is said, no matter what is being portrayed. Jerry Reese and Osi have a
    great relationship but, you know, business is business and sometimes business
    can get a little sticky. I think we all understand that.”

Tuck on Thursday night reiterated that he doesn’t feel he knocked the Giants
    when he said Umenyiora deserves a lucrative new deal. “It was an obvious
    statement,’’ Tuck said at his Celebrity Billiards Tournament for his Tucks
    R.U.S.H for Literacy charity initiative he started along with his wife, Lauran.
    “Osi’s been a great part of our success here and I just feel as though he needs
    to be rewarded for that and hopefully the Giants can do that. You understand the
    business, you understand Jerry Reese is gonna do everything in his power and our
    ownership is going to do everything in their power to put the best team forward.
    I’m not really picking sides on it, I’m just stating the obvious.’’

Umenyiora has steered clear of any and every Giants team event, as he’s
    skipping the off-season workout program and the voluntary OTAs. He was expected
    to attend Tuck’s billiard’s tournament at Slate NYC on 21st Street and Tuck is
    hoping that Umenyiora accompanies the team for the June 8 visit to the White
    House to meet President Obama.

“Maybe,’’ Tuck said of Umenyiora’s attendance in Washington, D.C. “I’m
    working on that, too.’’

To date, Tuck’s efforts for literacy in children has raised over $1 million
    and donated more than 45,000 books in the New York City, New Jersey and Central
    Alabama communities.

“Me and my wife are very passionate about education and kids,’’ Tuck said.
    “We felt as though in order to have a great education you have to have a
    background, you have to have a foundation. You ask anybody about foundations of
    educational success it starts with reading and writing.’’
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: ANTREL ROLLE SAYS "I TRULY DO BELIEVE" OSI DESERVES A NEW DEAL

I understand how the players who are speaking out feel. But what I don't get is none of them include the fact that Osi was offered an extension that he turned down. I'd liike to see one player, even Osi himself, just lay a plan out there, i.e.:

1. Pay Osi $7M for three years, $10M guaranteed
    2. Release the following players to make room under the CAP
    3. Don't expect to sign Nicks and Cruz when their time comes because you aren't going to have the money to do that.

Then Osi will be happy.

Thank God this isn't becoming a distraction.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

shut up and play 'Trel ... Tuck gets a pass ... you don't

[quote user="G-Man67"]

[/quote]

No other player should be commenting on this. Not Tuck, Rolle, JPP, or Kiwanuka. It's none of their business.

I wonder if AR would be saying that if he was asked to take a paycut in order to keep Osi.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="FBomb"]I wonder if AR would be saying that if he was asked to take a paycut in order to keep Osi.[/quote]

None of them are putting any thought into their comments, especially when they say "pay him what he wants." It's like there are no consequences for making it happen.

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="G-Man67"]

[/quote]

No other player should be commenting on this. Not Tuck, Rolle, JPP, or Kiwanuka. It's none of their business.
    [/quote]

oh totally agree, im kinda saying that Tuck has earned a few mistakes whereas Rolle has used up any he has earned ... plus as others have pointed out ... if you look at overpaid players on the roster ... Rolle is at the top ... which isn't his fault, but it certainly should motivate him to keep quiet about contracts

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="FBomb"]I wonder if AR would be saying that if he was asked to take a paycut in order to keep Osi.[/quote]

None of them are putting any thought into their comments, especially when they say "pay him what he wants." It's like there are no consequences for making it happen.
    [/quote]

Sounds a lot like this board

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="G-Man67"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1!

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="FBomb"]I wonder if AR would be saying that if he was asked to take a paycut in order to keep Osi.[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds a lot like this board

[/quote]

Indeed it does.