+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS, OSI UMENYIORA AGREE ON RESTRUCTURED CONTRACT

GIANTS, OSI UMENYIORA AGREE ON RESTRUCTURED CONTRACT

"The wait and standoff is now over. The New York Giants and two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Osi
    Umenyiora
    have agreed on a restructured contract that will keep the Chief in
    blue for at least one more season.

“I appreciate Osi’s patience and effort through this process,” general
    manager Jerry Reese said. “We talked it out, and it makes sense for everybody
    involved. We are very pleased, excited and looking forward to seeing number 72
    on the field at Monday’s OTA.”

Umenyiora is expected to return to the team on Monday for voluntary Organized
    Team Activities (OTAs), and says he is "All In."

“This gives me peace of mind, definitely,” Umenyiora said. “We just resolved
    a situation. It really was affecting me in a bad way. Because I didn’t like all
    the negativity that was surrounding the whole situation. I couldn’t stand it,
    because if you know me, you know I’m not that type of person. I’m just happy all
    that is over with and I’ll be there. I’ll play out this contract, I’ll play this
    year and I’ll play my heart out.”

Financial details of this new contract have not yet been revealed, but
    whatever the agreement is, it seems to have pleased Umenyiora. In all
    likelihood, the team simply added more guaranteed money to Osi's final year
    without any sort of extension. It will be enough to get him on the field this
    season, but may still be his final year with New York.

More coming…"

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: GIANTS, OSI UMENYIORA AGREE ON RESTRUCTURED CONTRACT

"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of
    him," Agnone said in an email."

That's a quote from a NY POST article. I thoguht it was an odd thing for Agnone to say. Now I'm guessing somehow he was the fly in the ointment.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of

That's a quote from a* NY POST article.* I thoguht it was an odd thing for Agnone to say.* Now I'm guessing somehow he was the fly in the ointment.
    [/quote]

Giants' Osi Umenyiora fires agent Tony Agnone in midst of contract squabble

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...fires_age.html

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of

That's a quote from a NY POST article. I thoguht it was an odd thing for Agnone to say. Now I'm guessing somehow he was the fly in the ointment.
    [/quote]

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...fires_age.html[/quote]

I know Osi fired Agnone. I'm saying that quote form Agnone would lead us to believe he was the road block to an agreement.

# 80

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of

That's a quote from a* NY POST article.* I thoguht it was an odd thing for Agnone to say.* Now I'm guessing somehow he was the fly in the ointment.
    [/quote]

I know Osi fired Agnone.* I'm saying that quote form Agnone would lead us to believe he was the road block to an agreement.
    [/quote]

Of course, the more money the agent gets, the more clients he gets. However, players are in charge, not the agents. Osi wants to be with the Giants and I am assuming he was willing to take less than what his agent though he was worth (market value) to remain with the team.

Yet there are mad fools on these boards who call him a "cancer" and "selfish." Imagine if LT played during the age of social media and message boards.

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of

[/quote]

I know Osi fired Agnone. I'm saying that quote form Agnone would lead us to believe he was the road block to an agreement.
    [/quote]

Of course, the more money the agent gets, the more clients he gets. However, players are in charge, not the agents. Osi wants to be with the Giants and I am assuming he was willing to take less than what his agent though he was worth (market value) to remain with the team.

Yet there are mad fools on these boards who call him a "cancer" and "selfish." Imagine if LT played during the age of social media and message boards.[/quote]

The current suspicion about the contract is that they kept the original extension offer and sweetened the last year of the current agreement with guaranteed money. We'll learn more over the next few days, maybe.

# 80

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of

[/quote]

I know Osi fired Agnone.* I'm saying that quote form Agnone would lead us to believe he was the road block to an agreement.
    [/quote]

Yet there are mad fools on these boards who call him a "cancer" and "selfish." Imagine if LT played during the age of social media and message boards.[/quote]

The current suspicion about the contract is that they kept the original extension offer and sweetened the last year of the current agreement with guaranteed money.* We'll learn more over the next few days, maybe.
    [/quote]

Yeah, the bottom line is the defensive line together, health and ready to reck shop.

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]"I'm stepping aside so the Giants can do the right thing and take care of

[/quote]

[/quote]

The current suspicion about the contract is that they kept the original extension offer and sweetened the last year of the current agreement with guaranteed money. We'll learn more over the next few days, maybe.
    [/quote]

Yeah, the bottom line is the defensive line together, health and ready to reck shop.[/quote]

If we can follow this up with a revitalized OLine and running game....

# 80

Good news for the Giants and the fans!

"The Giants' offer (which, again, is likely in the neighborhood of the final deal) would benefit both sides because the team would get another season out of a two-time Pro Bowl pass rusher while Umenyiora, 30, would basically double his salary this season while setting himself up for a big payday next offseason as an unrestricted free agent. The carrot of hitting the market next spring also helps the Giants, as Umenyiora will remain motivated this season to prove he deserves a big contract."
    Giants fan since '58

osi deserves this, but what do the giants get from this deal?