+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to post here

Not entirely sure where to put this, so Mods, please move it if it's in the wrong spot.

So anyway, I keep seeing a lot of posters linking articles and saying "Sorry, dunno how to make it hyperlink"
    So I figured maybe we could help each other out...

to hyperlink, simply copy and paste the link, then put [ url ] in front of it and [ /url ] behind it, (omit the spaces I have included, they are only there for display)
    so....[ url ]http://boards.giants.com/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=2571461#2571461[ /url ] becomes:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/Show...571461#2571461

to BOLD something, just put [ b ] in front and [ /b ] in back, (again, omitting the spaces)

Italics works the same, just use "i" instead of "b"

I'm sure others know how to change fonts and colors... I've forgotten... please share the knowledge...

Re: How to post here

perfect.

There is a tool bar above the message text box. Under "Message" are five dialog boxes, from left to right:

Font size, font type, text color, highlight color, <font color="#000000">Insert Smiley</font>

Under the <font color="#FF0000">text color</font> dialog box is the icon for hyperlink which resembles a sphere and chain link. If you paste a link in the message box, highlight it and copy it into the hyperlink box; VOILA! I don't think the highlight color works lol

Either way, you should get an active link
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

the box you're talking about doesn't come up on everyone's computer... on mine, it doesn't exist... so I had to learn to do things the hard way...smileys are beyond my comprehension tho... I stick to and

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]the box you're talking about doesn't come up on everyone's computer... on mine, it doesn't exist... so I had to learn to do things the hard way...smileys are beyond my comprehension tho... I stick to and [/quote]

Are you using IE or Firefox?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

i dont have that box either, just compose options, related, and preview

under options i can get the smileys though

Here's a good page with easy to understand directions for just about all the BBCode codes:
    http://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode#f4r0

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]the box you're talking about doesn't come up on everyone's computer... on mine, it doesn't exist... so I had to learn to do things the hard way...smileys are beyond my comprehension tho... I stick to and [/quote]

You just do the smilies in the brackets.

really? It's that easy huh? []
    btw, I use Chrome.... so much faster and simpler than both IE and FF