+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How do you think our rushing game will be this year?

I'm still quite embarrassed that we were 32nd last year. I think our starting offensive line this year should be:

Beatty-Diehl-Baas-Snee-Brewer.

If Bradshaw can stay healthy and Wilson is productive we can have a stellar run game. Teams will focus on our air attack, which will allow us to move the chains easily. If we can run the ball we will be a lot more consistent. Consistency is what this team is missing.

Veteran

Re: How do you think our rushing game will be this year?

we really wont know until preseason, im a little worried but we will see

[quote user="NYGiants2120"]we really wont know until preseason, im a little worried but we will see[/quote]Think it all has to do with the Oline. Production was down last season due to the Line. If the Line is better we will be okay
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

We all know that OL takes talent, but more imortant, I think, is technique, chemistry and familiarity... how to work with the man next to you to create a hole.
    Last year was the worst run blocking line I can remember in 35-40 years. Guys unfamiliar with how to work together. It was horrible.
    I don't think we have trememndous individual talent, so they will be forced to work together to make it work.
    It can't be worse than last year... it can only get better. But, how much better? The '86 OL was similar... not tremendously great individual blockers. It took about 3 years for them to get it, but it was awesome in '86. Morris had holes the size of cadillacs at times.
    I don't know if these guys can do the same.

[quote user="zimonami"]We all know that OL takes talent, but more imortant, I think, is technique, chemistry and familiarity... how to work with the man next to you to create a hole.
    Last year was the worst run blocking line I can remember in 35-40 years. Guys unfamiliar with how to work together. It was horrible.
    I don't think we have trememndous individual talent, so they will be forced to work together to make it work.
    It can't be worse than last year... it can only get better. But, how much better? The '86 OL was similar... not tremendously great individual blockers. It took about 3 years for them to get it, but it was awesome in '86. Morris had holes the size of cadillacs at times.
    I don't know if these guys can do the same.[/quote]

great post zim..agreed it can't be any worse and I think it will be much improved...a healthy baas,I think boothe looked great late last year..snee is a stud...beatty and D.D will be a vital part to the running game...but I think with petrus and maybe brewer we have some options...excited to see the first round pick wilson as well.

All that I know, is that it better improve dramatically, because putting so much pressure on Eli is really unfair. The team has to be able to find a way to become more balanced.

The potential is there for great improvement.

I'd be fine if we could average 110-120 yards on the ground per game.

[quote user="scf424"]I'd be fine if we could average 110-120 yards on the ground per game.[/quote]

That isn't bad at all.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="zimonami"]We all know that OL takes talent, but more imortant, I think, is technique, chemistry and familiarity... how to work with the man next to you to create a hole.
    I don't know if these guys can do the same.[/quote]

great post zim..agreed it can't be any worse and I think it will be much improved...a healthy baas,I think boothe looked great late last year..snee is a stud...beatty and D.D will be a vital part to the running game...but I think with petrus and maybe brewer we have some options...excited to see the first round pick wilson as well.[/quote]
    I think Baas is key. I have no idea if this guy can play. Like you say, he wasn't healthy, so he gets a bit of a pass... but, he needs to show us something early on, and to be a solid, dependable anchor for the rest of the guys.

All-Pro

If we don't block any better than last year, it won't matter who we have back there.