+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS EARNED REWARDS FOR INJURING GIANTS' PLAYERS IN 2009

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS EARNED REWARDS FOR INJURING GIANTS' PLAYERS IN 2009

"In the last 24 hours, it's been revealed that the New Orleans Saints not only
    placed bounties on opposing players, but actually kept a ledger detailing the players
    they injured and the payouts that were made as a result. It's the latest in a
    long line of revelations as it relates to BountyGate.

"The players clearly knew what was going each week with the payments," a
    source told Yahoo! Sports.

The ledger carefully detailed all payouts, "cart-offs", "whacks" and
    deductions for "mental errors." Included in said ledger was a $1,000 payout for
    a "cart-off" on October 18th, 2009 in a game against the New York
    Giants

Although the injured players name was not immediately made available, a live
    blog of the game, courtesy of the New York Times, revealed that offensive
    lineman Kareem
    McKenzie
    had been carted off after sustaining a groin injury. This occurred
    during a pile up for a loose ball, and coincides with many reports of dirty
    tactics courtesy of the Saints during fights for fumbles.

Another interesting note in the NYT live blog was the hit that led to the
    fumble:

"On his next play, Manning was sacked hard by Roman Harper and fumbled.
    Manning’s head snapped back when he was hit from behind."

The hit on Manning was deemed legal and Harper was not fined, but it's
    already been made public that Gregg
    Williams
    and the New Orleans Saints frequently targeted quarterbacks. In
    hindsight, it makes you question every play and whether or not the intention was
    there to injury Manning.

Meanwhile, McKenzie would go on to miss the following game against the
    Arizona Cardinals as a result of the groin injury sustained at the hands of the
    Saints."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: NEW ORLEANS SAINTS EARNED REWARDS FOR INJURING GIANTS' PLAYERS IN 2009

Sad state of affairs RF. I remember whispers about the Titans as well and there is a link between those two teams.

I don't think Goodell knew he'd wind up being the law and order commissioner but he's doing what needs to be done.

No one remembers who came in second.

I hope we beat the crap outta that team this season

Oh hell no. This makes me wish we still had Jacobs to release on these dudes. If there was one thing I'm going to miss about him, it's being able to punish defensive players and getting into scuffles with the biggest baddest lineman and coming out on the winning end.

This is no surprise. New Orleans Saints are and have always been since their inception one of the lowest and most disgusting franchises in NFL. Their fans are lowlives too.

I hope we annhilate them at Giants Stadium this season.

I bELIeve.

[quote user="buffyblue"]This is no surprise. New Orleans Saints are and have always been since their inception one of the lowest and most disgusting franchises in NFL. Their fans are lowlives too.

I bELIeve.[/quote]

HUH? I thought the Eagles were low & disgusting on this board & hoping the Giants get a win over the Saints. It seems at late they have our number. The last 2 against them the NYG were spanked pretty bad. Hope with the head coach gone & DC + a couple of players maybe a little payback could be in order. Go Giants.

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="buffyblue"]This is no surprise. New Orleans Saints are and have always been since their inception one of the lowest and most disgusting franchises in NFL. Their fans are lowlives too.

I bELIeve.[/quote]

HUH? I thought the Eagles were low & disgusting on this board & hoping the Giants get a win over the Saints. It seems at late they have our number. The last 2 against them the NYG were spanked pretty bad. Hope with the head coach gone & DC + a couple of players maybe a little payback could be in order. Go Giants.[/quote]

The last two were at their house i believe. We know they're a different team on the road.

[quote user="jomo"]

Sad state of affairs RF. I remember whispers about the Titans as well and there is a link between those two teams.

I don't think Goodell knew he'd wind up being the law and order commissioner but he's doing what needs to be done.

[/quote]

I hope Goodell is right when he says there is no more bounty system and that he didn't just drive it underground.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

That game was horrible. I remember everyone's reaction just being "What the heck was that?" it was the start of the downward slide in that year.

That same game I clearly remember Eli taking a late hit to the head. This one was a penalty, however. I remember it b/c the play was an INT, but Giants got the ball back because of the penalty.

Here's the play I'm thinking of - of course with any of this we have no idea if any of it was because of a bounty.

"Bradshaw took the handoff on the next play for a four-yard gain up the middle. He stayed in. But Manning threw an interception that was taken back 68 yards for a touchdown by Darren Sharper, a particular nemesis of Manning, who cut in front of Kevin Boss. However, the play was nullified because Jonathan Vilma was penalized for roughing Manning as he passed.

Vilma’s hit on a blitz led to helmet-to-helmet contact. The Giants got the ball first and ten at the 20 of the Saints. Jacobs came back in the game and took the next handoff for a six-yard gain."