+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

" A Pig in (&) a Poke"

Marcellus Bennett balloons up to 295 lbs, @ OTA's, normal 265-270, Hamstring problems-too big for legs to carry, work ethic questioned.....Beautiful!, just Beautiful....Thought we solved TE problem with a diamond in the rough, High Draft Pick, trapped behind Jason Witten, just needs a chance to shine & was handed a Golden starting opportunity, coming to the SB Champs, class organization doesn't get much better. It was REALLY disappointing to read this, looks like "Houston, we (still) have a problem" @ TE........I wonder if any money guaranteed, if cut before start of season...Hope for a Epiphany on his part, but WOW!

Re: " A Pig in (&) a Poke"

Ya I was very disappointed when I seen that...you would think that he would have worked his butt off trying to prove something this year!
    ALL IN!

[quote user="Tuckit91"]Ya I was very disappointed when I seen that...you would think that he would have worked his butt off trying to prove something this year![/quote]

Yeah I'm disappointed by the conditions he showed up in too but, the bright side to this is that it's still only OTA's...It's not a lost cause, (yet).

Hopefully he gets it cracking and is in better shape once training camp starts...If not then I'm jumping on the "start" Adrien Robinson train.

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Tuckit91"]Ya I was very disappointed when I seen that...you would think that he would have worked his butt off trying to prove something this year![/quote] Yeah I'm disappointed by the conditions he showed up in too but, the bright to this is that it's still only OTA's...It's not a lost cause, (yet). Hopefully he gets it cracking and is better shape once training camp starts...If not then I'm jumping on the "start" Adrien Robinson train.[/quote]I'd like to show my optomistic side on this as well but this guy left the Cowboys with "questions" about his work ethic etc. He has arrived in NY with the same questions. Not good and if you are reading this MB, understand that you are not a Giant yet and the fans in this city will ride you mercilessly if you don't get your act together immediately.
    No one remembers who came in second.

There is a reason why the guy had to sign a one year "show me" contract . . . . .

He has the frame and size to carry that weight. He has months before the
    season starts so he'll likely come in around 280-285. Ballard was 285.
    Pascoe is close to 285 as well.

He's closer to 6'7 than 6'6 he even says so himself. He looked light at 265.

ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Where is everyone getting the idea he was 265 in dallas?

Theres no way he was playing at that weight. He was probably 280+ in dallas.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Where is everyone getting the idea he was 265 in dallas?

Theres no way he was playing at that weight. He was probably 280+ in dallas.[/quote]

That's what one of the articles reported.

He is a BIG guy and has the frame to play at 280-285.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Not to mention we use the te alot to stay and block and in the run game. Him bulking up might not be bad in certain situations. And i doubt hed be a deep threat...he needs to be quick, powerful, and athletic...if he cant do those at this new reported weight than yes it is an issue.
    until that moment, im extremely confident pope can get this guy ballin
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

No offense but give the guy some rope. Some players balloon up in the offseason, some by mistake and others on purpose so as to not lose their goal playing weight by the end of camp. Just relax, if he's a bum we'll find out soon enough.