+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

nfl arbitrator rules in favor of goodell

Sorry for not posting link foremost but in a rush.
    Just need some clarification from my giants brethren on how in the HELL do we need a arbitrator to tell the "main man", the "commish" he has the power to suspend those idiots?!!!!!!(saints players)
    He's at the top of the damn totem pole, who else would suspend these guys? Paul tagiliabul (whatever his name was)? Their own team? (Possible but not probable) I mean if I "f" up at work, the head guy obviously can fire me.
    They need to stick to their not guilty pleas and ride this out and not make a mockery of their system questioning the commissioners authority. Seems cut n dry to me, am I missing something? Anyways, GO GIANTS

Re: nfl arbitrator rules in favor of goodell

Fortunately, almost every job has a chance to grieve a decision they feel is wrong. The arbitrator stands in because the guy that doled out the discipline is also the guy who would hear the grievances.

Also, if the head guy at your job can fire you I'm sure, unless it is a small business, there are policies and procedures that would allow you to grieve a decision in order to protect the employee.

But, they've now had their fair hearing and lost they can now sit back and ***** and enjoy their time off.

I don't see this as an issue

Well said thx. It just sounds funny the way it looks. If I grieve the fact that my boss fired me it would be because I thought I was innocent and not to argue the fact that he's not authorized to fire me, cuz he is. But makes sense how you explained it. Thank you.

[quote user="bleedblue78"]Well said thx. It just sounds funny the way it looks. If I grieve the fact that my boss fired me it would be because I thought I was innocent and not to argue the fact that he's not authorized to fire me, cuz he is. But makes sense how you explained it. Thank you.[/quote]
    If you're part of a union and have legally definable rights as an employee, you could push to do just that. That's what the NFLPA had done.

If you are a NYer and don't have a signed contract (either individually or as part of a union) you have absolutely no rights as an employee. NY is what is called an "at will" state. So long as you aren't fired because of your race, religion, sex, or some other legally protected group, then your boss can fire you for whatever s/he wants, including no reason at all.

Legally they have to go through the due process, there are careers and a lot of money at stake. I'm glad that they looked at it, even though you would intuitively say the Comish did the right thing. This sets precedence for any future issue and allows the Comish to take action and have the players understand what their rights are in the process. It was a big win for Goodell...

I love how the NFL Players Union is defending players who tried to purposely injure other members for cash.
    In what other union would u get that. In an electrical union if u purposely tried to shock someone for cash u would be out on your ***. If the NFL is serious about player safety then
    I think Greg Williams should be banned for life.

[quote user="Rat_bastich"]Fortunately, almost every job has a chance to grieve a decision they feel is wrong. The arbitrator stands in because the guy that doled out the discipline is also the guy who would hear the grievances. Also, if the head guy at your job can fire you I'm sure, unless it is a small business, there are policies and procedures that would allow you to grieve a decision in order to protect the employee. But, they've now had their fair hearing and lost they can now sit back and ***** and enjoy their time off. I don't see this as an issue[/quote]They are not the same people in the NFL. system.

I personally feel these sort of things happen a lot in football, and it will not stop D cords from getting D players to knock guys out of games. I do think there should have been a punishment in fines and stuff but not suspensions. or at the very least not the players because the coaches offered this bounty.

[quote user="Harooni"]I personally feel these sort of things happen a lot in football, and it will not stop D cords from getting D players to knock guys out of games. I do think there should have been a punishment in fines and stuff but not suspensions. or at the very least not the players because the coaches offered this bounty.
    [/quote]
    The players offered money, too.

Also, who offered the money is beside the point. Is a hitman any less guilty of a crime because he didn't pay himself?

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Harooni"]I personally feel these sort of things happen a lot in football, and it will not stop D cords from getting D players to knock guys out of games. I do think there should have been a punishment in fines and stuff but not suspensions. or at the very least not the players because the coaches offered this bounty.
    [/quote]
    The players offered money, too.

Also, who offered the money is beside the point. Is a hitman any less guilty of a crime because he didn't pay himself?
    [/quote]
    I see your point, its just i feel this goes on ,on many teams, maybe not an accual pay out pool. but certainly rewards for knocking players out of the game.