+ Reply to Thread

How much did he get

Sorry guys if this was already posted.I just got back from vac,and heard that Osi signed but does anyone know exactly how much he got.Was it an extention or new contract?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Re: How much did he get

[quote user="giantcarll"]Sorry guys if this was already posted.I just got back from vac,and heard that Osi signed but does anyone know exactly how much he got.Was it an extention or new contract?[/quote]

Check the news thread
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The Giants restructured the last year of his contract. He will get $6.5 million.

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="giantcarll"]Sorry guys if this was already posted.I just got back from vac,and heard that Osi signed but does anyone know exactly how much he got.Was it an extention or new contract?[/quote]

Per rotoworld

"6/1/2012: Signed a one-year, $6.5 million contract."

The only reason I can see for the Giants doing this is that they want to be on good terms going into Osi's Free Agency. Otherwise, with our noted cap-issues, why do we give a guy more money than we have to?

Obviously, there's a lot to this story that's not public, but that's the way I see it.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]The only reason I can see for the Giants doing this is that they want to be on good terms going into Osi's Free Agency.* Otherwise, with our noted cap-issues, why do we give a guy more money than we have to?*

Obviously, there's a lot to this story that's not public, but that's the way I see it.
    [/quote]

I think we had some extra cap money floating around after all the contracts were hammered out for this season, and so we decided to throw it at Osi for that very reason. Also, free of the contract salary issues, he should be playing like a beast this season...

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]free of the contract salary issues, he should be playing like a beast this season...[/quote]
    Yep. It's odd when people say the Giants get nothing out of this deal.

Deal Breakdown::

2.5m for Osi's abnormally fast first step
    1.5m for the valuable depth he provides our D-Line
    1.0m for the sacks
    1.5m for the turnovers he will provide at key points during the game. i.e.-strip sack

I'll take that!