+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Preseason games/tickets?

I've never been to a game before, only when I was 7 did I really go to a game.

Reason : Money issues

I'm only 21 in college and so-so so you know the deal.

Are preseason games worth it to go? Do people show up?

Me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to the Bears vs. Giants preseason game 2 I believe? It's only likle 15-20 bucks a ticket so they aren't bad at all. Even against the Jets is around 35

I don't have the cash to spend on regular season tickets, 120+ is way too expensive for me, especially taking my girlfriend.

Re: Preseason games/tickets?

For years when I was young that's how I subsisted, by going to preseason games.

If you care about seeing players who will actually make the team go to the 3rd preseason game. The starters will usually play into the 3rd quarter.

The house is usually mostly full, some people don't show but it's far from empty.

It's a cheap way to get a taste and ticket holders usually can't give them away.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Thanks.

I figured it'd be best to go to one being that I haven't been to MetLife either.

Little disappointed I have to stick with preseason games but whatever. Might as well enjoy a day out at Metlife while I can lol

Don't forget you'll need a parking pass. To get a great taste of a game the preseason is a nice way to start without spending a lot. Enjoy!

[quote user="Jet-Blue"]Don't forget you'll need a parking pass. To get a great taste of a game the preseason is a nice way to start without spending a lot. Enjoy![/quote]

I'd probably take a train there being I'll go straight from the city (where I work).

So it makes more sense anyway

Have a great time. I enjoy preseason games. they are alot of fun
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I usually go to one. They're ok, but nothing beats the regular season.

It'll be half full by half time and usually the weather is nice, cool late summer evening.

Hey i cant really give an opinion here since im only 18, and my parents paid for my playoff ticket to the falcons game last year, which was my first and only Giants game.

But for 20 bucks a ticket are you kidding, that's totally worth it for your first game. Just the feel of being there for the first time is worth 20 bucks, trust me.

Preseason tickets being sold yet??

The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I've never been to a game before, only when I was 7 did I really go to a game.

Reason : Money issues

I'm only 21 in college and so-so so you know the deal.

Are preseason games worth it to go? Do people show up?

Me and my girlfriend are thinking of going to the Bears vs. Giants preseason game 2 I believe? It's only likle 15-20 bucks a ticket so they aren't bad at all. Even against the Jets is around 35

I don't have the cash to spend on regular season tickets, 120+ is way too expensive for me, especially taking my girlfriend.[/quote]

Even though it's preseason, that Bears game will be the third preseason game, which means the starters will likely be in for three quarters. So, given that, and the fact that you'll be able to find cheap tickets, I think it's worth it.