+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE: "WE'RE STACKED AT EVERY POSITION"

GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE: "WE'RE STACKED AT EVERY POSITION"

"Now that the New York
    Giants
    and Osi Umenyiora have ended their year-long standoff, the team is ready to turn the
    page and focus on the task at hand: defending their Super Bowl championship. And
    no player appears more excited and anxious to do exactly that than safety Antrel
    Rolle
    , who feels the 2012 Giants are a force to be reckoned with.

"With Osi there, it just makes [the defensive line] that much more better,"
    Rolle said at David Tyree's Charity Bowl on Tuesday night. "I think we have a
    great team all the way around. We are stacked right now at each and every
    position. As long as guys stay healthy, it is going to be a great
    run."

Health will be key for the Giants, who were crippled in 2011 after a series
    of devastating season-ending injuries to players like Jonathan Goff, Terrell
    Thomas and Marvin Austin. Already in 2012, they've lost cornerback Brian
    Witherspoon for the season with a torn ACL and wide receiver Hakeem Nicks for up
    to 12 weeks with a fractured 5th metatarsal of his right foot. In addition to
    those injuries, offensive lineman William Beatty has been dealing with a back
    injury, while tight end Martellus Bennett has been sidelined with a hamstring
    injury.

All that said, Rolle is spot on in his assessment of the team; they are
    incredibly deep at nearly every position. In fact, if the team is to stay
    healthy, they may be forced to cut players at the end of training camp who will
    immediately go on to fill important roles for other teams. It's a testament to
    the job done by General Manager Jerry Reese, who focuses on talent and not
    flash.

As far as Umenyiora and his contract situation goes, Rolle insists it was
    never a distraction to the team.

"There were no distractions," Rolle said. "Osi had to do whatever it is he
    had to do. Osi has never been a cancer or one to cause any controversy within
    our defense or organization. I'm glad that it is behind him now and he is
    smiling like a kid in the candy shop and I am also smiling."

Sounds like the Giants are preparing for Round 2 of "All In."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE: "WE'RE STACKED AT EVERY POSITION"

Hellllll yeahhh baby

He is Correct. Our Defense at lease is deep as heck right now (baring injuries).

Secondary and LB corp is filled with young talant and solid veteran presense.

Our DL is second to non in the leage - especially when M.Austin gets going (i think hes ganna be an all pro some day)

Is it Preseason yet?

Listening to the talking heads we don't have enough tallent. According to them we will likely finish 3rd in the division behind Egirls and Cowgirls...

[quote user="Captain Chaos"]Listening to the talking heads we don't have enough tallent. According to them we will likely finish 3rd in the division behind Egirls and Cowgirls...[/quote]

Just where they said we'd end the season last season []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles.[/quote]

At the beginning of last year the talking heads were questoniing our depth at WR.... I think Hick, Cruz, and Manningham proved them wrong.

No team will be able to carry 53 "pro bowlers" on their team, having depth is talking about young players ready to step up, make plays and fill in the position.

[quote user="Dorkasaurus"][quote user="TuckYou"]Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles.[/quote]

At the beginning of last year the talking heads were questoniing our depth at WR.... I think Hick, Cruz, and Manningham proved them wrong.

No team will be able to carry 53 "pro bowlers" on their team, having depth is talking about young players ready to step up, make plays and fill in the position.[/quote]

All we need is 53 Super Bowlers!

Veteran

[quote user="TuckYou"]Every position? Linebacker? OL? TE? not so sure about that. I love the optimism though. Ready for August 10th in Jacksonville. Cant wait to see the battles.[/quote]

I'm glad Antrel is getting his props now.
    I think he was the "All In" phrase coiner.

Unfortunately he'll get the I'm sorry but Rolle just needs to STFU thread soon.

That in light of the fact he's been one of the best defensive players we've had the last two years.
    He's played out of his normal position more often than not.
    He's played three positions and shored up a LB corp that was in the infirmary while protecting the rookies on the field with his leadership.

I hope he continues to get his props.

I hope they look at getting Grant back to at least teach the rookies in camp.