+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

People Still Think Eli Is Overrated...

I had a debate with my brother-in-law who is a big Eagles fan yesterday. He feels that Eli Manning is overated and that the main reason for his success is because of the crop of quality RB's & WR's he has at his disposal. He thinks that if you put an average NFL QB on the Giants he would be successful.

And furthermore he feels that if Vick was on the Giants they would have won the Super Bowl last season also. And if Eli was on the Eagles he would have won around 4 games.

When I argued the 15 4th quarter TD's, the come-from behind wins, and the Super Bowl wins he felt the Giants defense & O Line had more to do with it than Eli.

Clearly he hates Eli and doesn't watch much Giants games. But the part about the defense does have some truth in it. After SB 42, I felt Tuck (the whole Dline for that matter)deserved the MVP and not Eli. But no one can deny what he has done in both playoff runs. what do you guys think?

Re: People Still Think Eli Is Overrated...

you know what we think....tell your sister to marry someone else....

Show him this............

and, for the record.....Eagles fans are NOT people.

[quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

LOL LOL LOL.....

My brother-in-law is a good guy. He was born and raised in Philly and has been an Eagles fan his whole life. He does tell me though that growing up liked (from a distance) the 1986 Giants.

Tell him this: "There is only one team in the NFC East that never won a Super Bowl!" All the others have won multiple Super Bowls.

I live in Allentwon PA area, now that the Phillys stink, all I am goin go to here about is how great the Eagles are. How they had another great draft and Andy Reid is the best coach . Again, they will be picked the best team in the NFC East.

If anyone makes the argument that Eli is overrated or other such nonsense, going on about how Eli gets carried by his O-line and run game (worst in the NFL in 2011), or the defense (which has had some horrendous games in the past 2 seasons, although plenty of awesome ones as well), you can tell the Dallas/DC/Filthy fan that they have effectively conceded the debate, as they have just admitted that the GIANTS are a superior team...

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]I had a debate with my brother-in-law who is a big Eagles fan yesterday. He feels that Eli Manning is overated and that the main reason for his success is because of the crop of quality RB's & WR's he has at his disposal. He thinks that if you put an average NFL QB on the Giants he would be successful.

And furthermore he feels that if Vick was on the Giants they would have won the Super Bowl last season also. And if Eli was on the Eagles he would have won around 4 games.

When I argued the 15 4th quarter TD's, the come-from behind wins, and the Super Bowl wins he felt the Giants defense & O Line had more to do with it than Eli.

Clearly he hates Eli and doesn't watch much Giants games. But the part about the defense does have some truth in it. After SB 42, I felt Tuck (the whole Dline for that matter)deserved the MVP and not Eli. But no one can deny what he has done in both playoff runs. what do you guys think?[/quote]

He lost his credibility as a sports fan and human being at "Eagles fan". I'm sorry your sister had to bring an Eagles fan into the family. Make sure you preach the Gospel of the Giants to your nieces and nephews.

All-Pro

Eh, Patriot fans feel Peyton Manning is overrated, Jets fans feel Brady is overrated, Bears fans feel Rodgers is overrated. But it really surprises me that the entire NFL still feels Eli is overrated. They still dont have him cracking the top 30?

Well I guess he is kinda overrated.... I mean, the guy didnt even win his 3rd Championship yet.

I guess its a stat thing and a rah rah thing. Eli is neither, but a great QB, he is. One of, if not the most, clutch QB in the game right now.

He is just a Eagle fan who can not face facts.

[quote user="Cool Papa B."][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

LOL LOL LOL.....

My brother-in-law is a good guy. He was born and raised in Philly and has been an Eagles fan his whole life. He does tell me though that growing up liked (from a distance) the 1986 Giants.[/quote]

4 words that should never be in the same sentence...."Eagles fan" and "good guy".

I have friends that are Cowboys and Redskins fans...but no Eagles fans. They are so bitter!!!