+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli's Full Name

Eli's Full Name

ELISHA NELSON "ELI" MANNING

Please tell me this is not true....please

I read this one wikipedia (yea i know, not the most trustworthy site) but the verification process has gotten better for them over the years.

Here's the excerpt::
    "Elisha Nelson "Eli" Manning (born January 3, 1981) is an American football quarterback for the New York Giants of the National Football League. He is the son of former NFL quarterback Archie Manning and the younger brother of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. Manning played college football at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) after attending prep school at Isidore Newman School in New Orleans. He was drafted as the first overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers and immediately traded to the New York Giants, who in return gave up a package highlighted by fourth overall selection Philip Rivers."

Re: Eli's Full Name

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]ELISHA NELSON "ELI" MANNING

Please tell me this is not true....please

I read this one wikipedia (yea i know, not the most trustworthy site) but the verification process has gotten better for them over the years.

Here's the excerpt::
    "Elisha Nelson "Eli" Manning (born January 3, 1981) is an American football quarterback for the New York Giants of the National Football League. He is the son of former NFL quarterback Archie Manning and the younger brother of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. Manning played college football at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) after attending prep school at Isidore Newman School in New Orleans. He was drafted as the first overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers and immediately traded to the New York Giants, who in return gave up a package highlighted by fourth overall selection Philip Rivers."[/quote]

It's an alternate spelling to Elijah.
    It's also his father's, grandfather's, and great grandfather's first name. So it's a family name

Yep. Pronounced E-ly-sha.

I thought this was common knowledge haha.

I remember Tiki would sometimes refer to him with that name.

yo these boards need to be disabled during the off season.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Is there a problem?

Bench Player

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]ELISHA NELSON "ELI" MANNING Please tell me this is not true....please I read this one wikipedia (yea i know, not the most trustworthy site) but the verification process has gotten better for them over the years. Here's the excerpt:: "Elisha Nelson "Eli" Manning (born January 3, 1981) is an American football quarterback for the New York Giants of the National Football League. He is the son of former NFL quarterback Archie Manning and the younger brother of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning. Manning played college football at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) after attending prep school at Isidore Newman School in New Orleans. He was drafted as the first overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers and immediately traded to the New York Giants, who in return gave up a package highlighted by fourth overall selection Philip Rivers."[/quote]

Its pronouncedElijah but what did you think his name was?

Are you objecting to the fact that "Eli" is listed as a middle name? His name is not Elisha Nelson Eli Manning. It's Elisha Nelson Manning. He doesn't have Eli as his first and middle name. When a name is in quotes, it's a nickname.

Yo what is your problem YO! Eli does not make fun of your name does he?!!! DOES HE??????

Yes Southern people have funny names but to make fun of them is wrong and stuff.

Eli "Two Time Super Bowl MVP" Manning

Some of you need to relax