+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

What were you most wrong about last season?

For me, it had to be aboutPerry Fewell. When he was hired to replace Sheridan, I was optimistic....but last season, I was convinced he needed to hit the bricks.

There were other things I was wrong about, but Fewell definitely ranks at top, because I was convinced he was one of the biggest problems with the defense.

Re: What were you most wrong about last season?

I was wrong about the Giants not winning a Superbowl.

I was worried about Cruz when he was first forced into the starting lineup.
    I'm glad my concern was proven unnecessary.

I also told anyone who'd listen that the Giants would beat both the Packers and Niners and lose to the Cardinals in their regular season match-ups haha. Wrong.

I'm with the OP on Fewell. It felt like he was using his pass rushers as glorified DB's at times... but towards the end the sacks, deflections, and pressure-based INT's started piling up. I fully believe it was our pass rush disrupting Aaron Rodgers' timing that caused all those dropped passes that the GB receivers usually complete...

I still wish that PF would send a linebacker on the rush more often, but at least we're blessed to have a d-line that is able to rush 4 and make it count as if we were rushing 7, but without losing defenders in coverage...

Veteran

I'm still a bit unsure and don't tottaly buy into
    Rolle as a vocal leader- I tend to think he spouts off irresponsibly- but he also did a yoemans work by stepping up and playing the nickel as a safety (that said he did want out Pre jets game and did say as much) still he stuck
    With it and kiwi mentioned his words helped many of the giants raise their games and therefore he obviously helped
    To lead - worth the big contract or not- bravo

I was really convinced the whole house of cards was coming down with yet another collapse after a 6-2 start. I thought it was like Joe Torre, good but the magic was gone and we needed to move on. I needed to at least see a 1st round playoff win.

Magic struck twice.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

1. Predicted the Giants would only win 4-6 games.

2. Never thought Aaron Ross could make it through a full season healthy.

3. Said Eli would continue to be just average and continue to throw dopey interceptions.

Probably Fewell also. He had me ready to see him go for sure.

I was wrong to think that a couple-a-dozen
    ACL tears would ruin our season.
    If it takes a year to figure out an offense, it's the wrong offense.

Tom Coughlin. I gave the ol' drill sergeant a really hard time last season for this team losing to teams they had no business losing to, and TC saying he didn't know why it happens. I thought he lost this team and so did a lot of other people. But they rallied around their old coach and won another SB for him!!

I will never doubt him again!!

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin