+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Where will the Giants D rank at the end of this season

ok, good debate going in another thread

but at the end of the day []

let's go on record

and i could care less about yards per game, so meaningless ... if ur winning and the other team is trying to come back ... they rack up some meaningless yards and that throws it off

so, let's go with the average rank between PPG, Sacksand Takeways ... i.e. 8th in PPG, 11th in takewaysand 2nd in sacks would be 7th

so since we do score more points than the average team, we will give up a few more b/c of that

i will go with 10th in PPG, 7th in takeways and 2nd in sacks ... for around 6th overall

Re: Where will the Giants D rank at the end of this season

Tough, because I have no idea how the D will look like scheme-wise and personnel-wise next year

Are the giants going to continue with the aggressive man coverage like we saw towards the end of the year? Are they going back to more tampa 2/zone like we saw thru the regular season? Are the corners going to play outside leverage like they did in the regular season or more man-under/tight coverage like we saw through out the playoffs?

Are they going to use T2 on the outside or in the slot more this year? Etc.

I think this defense has the potential to be the best in the league. I think the way they played in 2010 (#1 or 2 statistically for the majority of the year until grossman and rodgers had big numbers) proves this defense has a very high ceiling. I think if the defense is for the most part healthy, they bring T2 along slowly (I say more slot for him this year), and play more man -- its going to be a very good defense

So many ifs tho

I am going to estimate around 11th but maybe a little bit lower. The defense will be better than it was this year but are still soft at linbacker and secondary is questionable. However I am happy with that because our d line is so strong and can really step up and bring it. I know that he has not played football but I think Austin will have a very nice season for us. He is a Tar Heel and Tar Heels tend to be great NY Giants. God is a Tar Heel and that is why the sky is Carolina Blue.

All-Pro

If they stay healthy they should be very good. Remember what they base ranking on tough. They base it on yards. The difference with the Giants defense of last year and a top 10 defense last year was around 40 yards per game.

I understand what you are saying, but sometimes stats can be misleading. Like I said, if healthy I think they can be very good.

All-Pro

We play bend dont break D leading to giving up a bunch of yards, touh to break the top 10 on D.

If healthy I say around 10.

Offense is top 6 IMO.

STs should be a lot better with the new return guys and Weatherford being locked in.

I'd love to see them have the top rated D for the 1st time in forever.

[quote user="JJC7301"]I'd love to see them have the top rated D for the 1st time in forever.[/quote]Doesnt really matter to me if we are a top ranked D or not as long as we get results like last yr
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="JJC7301"]I'd love to see them have the top rated D for the 1st time in forever.[/quote]

Didn't we have the top rated defense in 07 or 08?

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="JJC7301"]I'd love to see them have the top rated D for the 1st time in forever.[/quote]

Didn't we have the top rated defense in 07 or 08?[/quote]

in 08 we had the 5th ranked defense in points and yards & 07 the D was 17th in points, but 7th in yards

according to pro football focus that is

[link]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2007.htm[/link]

[link]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2008.htm[/link]

My prediction for overall D this year lol:

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I know its a bold prediction but thats how others perceive it. To me, its whats gonna happen based on my understanding:

D- top five

O- top three
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."