+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Training camp

Training camp

My son and I are planning to take in a couple of days at training camp for the first time this year. Does anybody have any suggestions on hotels, restaurants and anything else that might be helpful?

Re: Training camp

I go to training camp every year but i only live about an hour away......I can give you all kinds of advice about camp itself but as far as those kind of facilities....we dont stay or eat there...we usually bring lunch and tailgate.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

yea usually just stay for the practice and thats it. there is a lot in the area though in terms of restaurants.

I know you guys can do better than this.

I used to attend Albany, so I'll give you some of the links off the school website about the hotels and what not in the area.

http://www.albany.edu/about_visit_capital_region.php

http://www.albany.edu/about_visiting_hotels.php

http://www.albany.edu/about_visiting_dining.php

Also, depending on when you come up, there's the horse track in Saratoga which is only about 45 minutes away.

Thanks Drez, those are helpful links. Got any personal recommendations for a hotel?

i think most of the people who go to camp make it a day trip.

So Im not sure many can help with hotels.

[quote user="bill2000"]Thanks Drez, those are helpful links. Got any personal recommendations for a hotel?

[/quote]
    Nah, not really. I'm from the area, so I've never really needed one. All of the hotels that are listed as "SUNY Albany Area" are very close, so I'd try booking those first. You may even decide to walk to campus from there to avoid the parking pass fee.

The parking pass fee has only been 5 dollars in the past so it really is not much of a big deal.I also believe there is a fee you can pay for the entire camp.I am kind of disappointed in the new players agreement that limits them to one session/day.....In the past we have always gone to 2 sessions in the day.......It made the drive more worth it......the kids and I also had autographs and where to intercept players figured out...now that the schedule has changed........it will change those type things as well.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Wish I could make a day trip but I'm coming in from Maine...just a bit too far!