+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

ELI MANNING--Career stats

I have been guessing where our QB will end up on all-time lists. I figure he is at the half-way point of career. If we just double his numbers he will definitely be top ten alltime in yards and TDs. Maybe top five

ELI MANNING--Career stats

I have been guessing where our QB will end up on all-time lists. I figure he is at the half-way point of career. If we just double his numbers he will definitely be top ten alltime in yards and TDs. Maybe top five

Re: ELI MANNING--Career stats

Eli's 31. I think he's beyond the half-way point. I don't see him playing into his forties.

Yardage - maybe. I don't know about TDs though. Guys like Tom Brady and Drew Brees average around 40 per year. Until recently, Eli averaged around 22.
    He's certainly improving his strike rate but it'll be tough to crack the top 5.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Eli's 31. I think he's beyond the half-way point. I don't see him playing into his forties.

Which numbers are you doubling?[/quote]
    Yeah, he's at the 3/5s mark...

I'd imagine he's doubling all his numbers.

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Eli's 31. I think he's beyond the half-way point. I don't see him playing into his forties.

Yardage - maybe. I don't know about TDs though. Guys like Tom Brady and Drew Brees average around 40 per year. Until recently, Eli averaged around 22.[/quote]
    Brady and Brees didn't average that many until about their 6th-8th years in the league... Which is right when Eli has.

IIRC, Eli has more TDs through similar points in their careers than both. I'll have to look it up.

I'm basically thinking about total yards and total touchdowns...throw in comebacks and road playoff wins..

Starter

Yardage - maybe. I don't know about TDs though. Guys like Tom Brady and Drew Brees average around 40 per year. Until recently, Eli averaged around 22.
    He's certainly improving his strike rate but it'll be tough to crack the top 5.[/quote]

He averaged 22 through the 1st could seasons then he bumped up to the 3000 yard area then 4 and now he has shown he can throw with anyone with almost 5000. That is one thihg I feel people don't take into consideration Eli has really only gotten better as he gets older, that doesn't mean I think he'll throw for 6000 next year, so if he continues his strong play later in his career his numbers will grow at an alarming rate since he is building most of them up fast now instead of evenly throughout his career. I don't thik he'll finish top 5 but with some luck he could be in the top 15 range.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Eli's 31. I think he's beyond the half-way point. I don't see him playing into his forties.

Yardage - maybe. I don't know about TDs though. Guys like Tom Brady and Drew Brees average around 40 per year. Until recently, Eli averaged around 22.[/quote]
    Brady and Brees didn't average that many until about their 6th-8th years in the league... Which is right when Eli has.

IIRC, Eli has more TDs through similar points in their careers than both. I'll have to look it up.
    [/quote]

Through their first 7 seasons as a full season starter (this disregards the rookie seasons of all three, but counts the year Brees was benched after 11 games), here are the stats:

EM: Yds: 26, 536 TDs: 179
    TB: Yds: 26, 364 TDs: 197
    DB: Yds: 26, 037 TD: 167

So, Eli has a slight edge on DB at this stage in their careers for TDs and is trailing Brady by a bit, though that 50 TD season really put Brady over the top in that department, lol. Yardswise, they are all very close with a slight edge to Eli.

Their full career (including rookie year's) TD avgs look like this (numbers in brackets disregard rookie seasons):

EM: 23.125/year (25.5)
    TB: 25/year (27.2)
    DB: 25.5/year (28)

Again, all very close, though Brady and Brees enjoy slight edges.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Eli's 31. I think he's beyond the half-way point. I don't see him playing into his forties.

[/quote]

Breeze & Brady have a little better reg season stats but not much. If you just counting their 1st 8 seasons like Eli's stats are made up of anyway.

[quote user="888888"]

[/quote]

There's three guys playing right now who he will never surpass in Peyton, Brees and Brady. And he won't overtake Farve or Montana. And then Rodgers most likely. Already six guys he can't overtake. So no chance at the top five without even having to consider Young or Elway or Marino.